• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Code p0122 TPS

Have set a code 0122 but the truck is running fine. Researching the TPS and it is not very expensive. What is the difference between a TPS with a harness and one without a wiring harness? Both listed for a 2001 diesel. Now to replace it. I think it is behind the housing with the cables that control the throttle. What needs to be removed to get to it? Last question is should I dive in and replace it and how do I reset the trouble codes?

• Owner

Ok if it needs changed, get a Timbos. I am convinced. Why do I get a code but truck runs fine. How do I erase code to see if it comes back again? If I do need a Timbos, what vendor do you recommend or is it sold direct.

Ordered an obd11 reader. Next morning, code was gone. Did I read somewhere that after 20 starts without the malfunction returning, the engine light and code will disappear? I really appreciate all your help. I retired from fleet maintenance in 1997 and all this drive by wire throws me. I am trying to keep up.

• 5 weeks later...