• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gotta Say Thank You - Vulcan Performance

• Owner

Well my last order was to order some filter from Vulcan Performance. I got a BHAF and a few fuel filters for the AirDog. Eric being the nice guy asked me "How are my intercooler boots doing?" I told him there stock boots yet and no problems. He asked if I wanted to try a set of his VP "VulCan Performance" boots... I said why not...post-2-138698180096_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698180102_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698180109_thumb.jpgpost-2-138698180116_thumb.jpgAs for installing them. Not that is a good challenge... I used a good amount of WD40 and lubed them up to slide them over the fittings. So since they are thicker boots they don't flex like the old stockers. So you got to slide them over the far enough so you slide back over the mating fitting. Once again keep them lubed up so they slide for you... I'll get a few pics of on the truck posted up soon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can probably use your fancy Paris/New York hairspray too Mike. lol I just put on a BHAF too but my brother works at a parts store and got me the Wix 42790 for $34 so I didnt think anyone could beat that price. I also cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon bucket and set my filter in it so the oem airbox bolts wouldnt cut into the filter.

• Like 1

• Owner

You can probably use your fancy Paris/New York hairspray too Mike. lol I just put on a BHAF too but my brother works at a parts store and got me the Wix 42790 for $34 so I didnt think anyone could beat that price. I also cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon bucket and set my filter in it so the oem airbox bolts wouldnt cut into the filter.

Use backing nuts and make the top nut flush with the threads and then it won't touch the BHAF... (Heat shield required)

Please put a pic of that so I can see what you did. My Sister's Hubby used to work for a NAPA store those deals are done for me, but good for you! Dave Mike Prolly has a few cans of the Paris Hilton stuff hidden somewhere that he's not telling us about!:lmao: