• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mobile Skin Dark Theme

• Owner

I'm working on doing a dark skin for mobile devices. I was doing some study work on battery life for mobile devices. It seems that a 20% gain can be had on battery life if you use black or near black colors. So I'm currently in the process of creating a skin for the mobile users so that both sides of the site are dark colored. I'm check to make sure there is just enough contrast still to read post. I'll release the skin here in a couple of days after getting it created. I'm sure I'll miss a few things here and there so please let me know if something is colored wrong or hard to see.

• Owner

Well it's going to be delayed now.

I had a really good start and ran into a script error and was attempting to reset one template and it reset the entire thing. So now I just lost about 4-6 hours of work just evaporated into cyber-space! :thud::mad@computer::mad:

The internet isn't paper,and we should stop trying to make a screen paper.

There was a study done quite a while back and found web sites with dark colors tend to have more issues with members being argumentative and troublesome. Where sites with light colors had less issues with members. Also the white style sheet is the lightest data wise I've produced (delete most of the code). I'm using most of the factory colors I could from the browser so there is much less data sent. This was back when bandwidth and server load was critical. Now I've got room to stretch my designing wings a bit more but have to be careful of the mobile users to keep the data load down.

Preview...

post-1-0-36637100-1429157614_thumb.png

• Owner

Ok. I've got most of the Dark Skin done for both Desktop and Mobile. This will be a option for donated members. I've still got artwork I've got to re-do in Gimp so the logo are buried by the dark backgrounds. I've also got to validate the scripts again and look for script errors. So this is going to be a work in progress. So for those of you that opt to use it please notify me of errors, color issues, etc.

I know not everything is complete yet and still lots of work...

post-1-0-11512600-1429232014_thumb.png post-1-0-62094200-1429232016_thumb.png post-1-0-04646100-1429232025_thumb.png

• Like 1