• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where was my camera?

Today, I am heading back up the hill and notice a Chevy dualie with a 3 horse trailer jackknifed on a road. The tongue of the trailer was in the ditch on the right and the nose of the truck was in the ditch on the left side. Not sure how he did it! Were talking a very small hill! I turn around and ask if he needs a pull out of his predictament. He says my shortbed will not be able to do the job, he will have to get a wrecker. I tell him I will get my tow chain. I tell him to make sure he has the truck running so he has brakes and put it in gear. He leaves it in park for some reason, and I put it in 4 low and away we go! Barely put the pedal down! He can't believe that I pulled him out. All I could say to him was "That's why it is a Cummins!" So, that was my good deed for the day!

If it was in park... Bet he had nice flat spots on the tires! LOL! My front brakes all but seized on the CTD during a period of inactivity parked in the snow... I drove the truck quite a long time... ya could not really tell. It drove fine but the MPG s*cked! Ya think! Heck I even towed the trailer with horses in it. Plenty of power...Russ

Edited by flagmanruss