• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Does your truck play the flute?

I know that sounds like a weird question, but a few years ago my truck developed this weird noise from 40 mph and up.  It sounds like its coming from the drivers side wheel.  The only way I can describe it is a high pitched flute sound.  For a long time I thought it was a wheel bearing but I would bet that if a wheel bearing was that dry it would have destroyed itself after all these years.  I am now leaning toward a U-Joint, either in the short shaft or in one of the hubs.  Any thoughts from all you Dodge experts?  By the way with the super quiet tires installed yesterday I can hear the noise a lot better now.  

Deric

• Owner

I would gamble a wild guess at the door is starting to sag a bit and there is a small gap in the weather strip now. Check the hinges by open they door and lifting from the lower edge. The door should not rock up and down. If it does it would explain a bit of it. As the hinges wear the weather seal isn't as tight. Like on my 1996 Dodge Ram the passenger door is just starting to do this a little bit and is going to require a small amount of adjustment.

• Like 1