• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MOOG-K7448 Adjustable Ball Joints

Hello to all, just wanted to post my personal experience with these ball joints. When I got them I couldn’t find much info on them so I figured I would give them a try to adjust a minor camber issue I was having. It hasn't been a positive experience for me but that doesn't mean that it wouldn’t be functional on other makes and models. To keep things straight forward and short I am just going to list Pros and Cons.

Pros:

• Allows up to 1 degree of camber and caster adjustment

Cons:

• In order to adjust the wheel has to be removed and ball joints have to be loosened and then re assembled to check if adjustments are correct. (very time consuming alignment process)
  • Adjustment is made with an Allen key beneath the zero fitting which felt like a real wanky way make adjustments on a heavy duty suspension (I was concerned to really crank on it because it felt like either the Allen key or internals could snap at any moment).
  • I now have 10k Miles on them and they are blown!  

Conclusion: Lesson learned, Today I will be ordering a new set of Carli Extreme upper Ball Joints to replace the Moogs

• Staff

To be honest I have never heard a good thing about MOOG joints on 3rd gens.

Unless your alxe is bent you do not need camber adjustment, as bad camper generally means bad ball joint.

The Dynatracs are also good joint for less money with a better track record. The current Carli's are supposed to be good, but time will tell.

Well my lower ball joints are still good so for now I was just going to replace the uppers but I couldnt find an upper ball joint only option available for the Dynatracs only the complete set (upper and lower) I also like the sound of Carli's no questions asked life of the vehicle warranty against any defects on their ball joints.

Carli's customer service is the best I have worked with when I got the first run of them they worked with me no questions asked. That was 5 years ago so by now I would think they have a near perfect product. They had the issue figured out back then they were just refining some manufacturing processes yet.

• Like 1

Also forgot to mention that I asked the Dynatrac rep in regards to their warranty and he stated that it's a 1yr warranty but if there are any defects outside of the warranty period that they should be able to work something out. After that I asked how much did their rebuild kit cost, he stated $50. I then replied "with the $100 im saving I can rebuild them twice if necessary" he then made it clear that their least selling product is the rebuild kits simply because they rarely need to be rebuilt... 

• Like 1