• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PayPal New ToS

PayPal user are furious with the new Terms of Service which allows PayPal to ROBOCALL YOU, SPAM you, TEXT YOU with promos, questionaires, polls, not just account business...  with no option to opt out...  and not just on phones & emails you provide but ANY account they feel like.  New TOS to take effect July 1. 

If this stands, I'll be closing my account.  Period.

• Staff

I received a notice from Pay Pal about changes in their agreement and if I didn't close my account by July 1, 2015 I'll have accepted their terms. I don't think I'll miss 'em.   

As they say, the devil's in the details so go to ''Policy Updates" page and see what flagmanruss is talking about.

Dear Mr. IBMobile,

Soon, PayPal and eBay will no longer be part of the same group of companies and will operate as unrelated, separate organizations. So we're updating PayPal's User Agreement, Acceptable Use Policy, and Privacy Policy to continue providing the same great services you're used to. Although we have updated the Privacy Policy, our focus on protecting your data is not changing. The updated Privacy Policy highlights how we will share data with eBay after the separation to continue to deliver the same level of service to our shared customers. We're also making other changes to our business practices and policies that aren't related to the separation.

These updates go into effect on July 1, 2015, so we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the updates. You can read them all at our Policy Updates page. Here are the highlights:

• We updated the Privacy Policy, including regarding sharing your information between PayPal and eBay after the separation.
  • The User Agreement has been revised to reflect how PayPal services will work after the separation.
  • We've updated the User Agreement regarding when and how we may contact you.
  • We've expanded our PayPal Buyer Protections to include intangibles like digital items and services.
  • We changed our fee structure for certain sellers and nonprofits.
  • We also updated the terms of the PayPal User Agreement relating to how legal disputes with PayPal are resolved, including changes to the Agreement to Arbitrate.
If you don't agree to the amended User Agreement, Privacy Policy, or Acceptable Use Policy, you may close your account before July 1, 2015 and you won't be bound by the amended terms.

As always, if you need help or have any questions, give us a call or visit our Help Center. You can find the link on any page of our website.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Since this has gone public...  There's been a lot of push back.  There will not be ROBOCALLS & TEXTS until after 1 July.  By then it will be too late.  UNLESS the FCC's new proposed rules go into effect making it illegal.  I hope so but if not, I'll be closing my account. 

• Owner

As for the Robocalls I can weed those out rather easy. I just peek at the CallerID and if its a number that is PRIVATE, UNKNOWN, 800, etc. I don't bother picking it up. Like my cell phone (TracFone) calls me when my plan is ready to terminate because of lack of time. No biggy I get the message still on the answer machine but I don't have to listen to it instantly.

Sad to say no matter how much the main stream media wants claim that everything is going great... I hate to say it's not. If so why would large companies like Paypal resort to changes like this in hopes of promoting more business or income?

I think PayPal shot themselves in the NUTS!  They came very close to sneaking this by. 

Once the calls start, how long to stop them?  I mean, I'm already on the SUCKER...  I mean Do Not Call...   list.  That the telemarketers simply ignore.   My favorite is to toss the reciever on the chair next to me & wait until it's beeping before I hang it up.   

PayPal creaped me out with several schemes to get me to link my BANK information, which I refuse to do.  I only have a CREDIT CARD linked & the fork with me & they'll have Mastercard to deal with.  I like the comsumer protections that all major CC companies offer.    

The mere fact they TRIED, pisses me off. 

• Owner

I was screwed on that deal too I use to get PayPal to just issue a check and then pay the bills here locally. But now PayPal required the bank account thing so I created a new account at my local bank so now I can just transfer the money there and still pay the site bills. Think that's bad Google AdSense is worse you need to provide bank account, W-9 with social security, just too much information but for the site I stuck my neck out there. So there is a trend to move towards a cashless world and more electronic funds or banking. Bad part is you guys have options still to donate by credit card, paypal, personal check or cash (if your crazy). But for me I'm stuck and most hang in for the long haul for the site.

• 3 weeks later...

Reportedly Ebay has had this policy for a while.  I logged into Ebay and found the Communications Options link.  I easily unchecked boxes I did not want.  I don't think I checked those boxes...  I wonder if they were added with default checked boxes. 

Any rate they are NOT checked NOW.   

I still can not find any way to OPT OUT of Pay Pal's Spam options.  I read that one could download 7 print out a form, sign it & mail it in.  Not making it easy.  I used Pay Pal's Customer Service Phone.  Eventually got to a real agent & opted out of their telemarketing.  They have my (separate) email for opdering uses...    

Lately my cell phone has been getting UNKNOWN callers (despite being a cell & being on the Do Not Call list).  I Google all unknown calls...  just to be sure.   

Edited by flagmanruss