• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Torque Converter Upgrade.

My question is, I just had TSI install there HD Precision TC ("the biggest and baddest" in the sales guy's words) and the only thing I have really noticed is smoother overall driving. I have read that stock doesnt transfer power as well and it still seems to be that way after the upgrade. In third gear the TC locks and it pulls really hard but not nearly has hard unlocked. Feels like I am losing a lot of power in other gears. The tranny is in great shape and has always held shifts fine even with the stock converter and valve body. Is there something else I dont understand and need to also upgrade to get the full power potential out of the auto trans or did they not install what they told me they did? Any light shed would be greatly appreciated.

unless you upgraded you valvebody along with the converter you still have a low pressure tranny and it will still feel slugish, you need to get an upgraded valvebody or install a shift kit in your current valvebody to get the full benefit from a better converter it would still be possible to slip the lockup clutch in a performance converter if you do not have enough pressure to hold the lockup clutch engauged tightly.