• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2008 Cummins 6.7L delete kit needed

• Owner

Ok Gang.

I've got a local rancher that has had his fill of DPF and EGR problems. He's got a 2008 truck he just barely purchased used. Using it to tend to the herd of cows and travelling dirt roads and slow travel is plugging up the DPF filter constantly. So he's ask if I would do the delete for him. Now I need to pull the knowledge from other in the forum for part suppliers and what part I need for this project. What tuner that works the best for this application.

I'm all eyes...

• Owner

I know sinister diesel has them. And then obviously turbo back or downpipe back exhaust. One of the guys at my local shop removed the old exhaust and lost a couple hundred pounds off his truck

Not a very good site... When you select 2008 Dodge Ram 5.9L and it returns a Duramax EGR cooler? They don't even list a 5.9L delete...

post-1-0-27084700-1434334119_thumb.png

Not a very good site... When you select 2008 Dodge Ram 5.9L and it returns a Duramax EGR cooler? They don't even list a 5.9L delete...

Try it for a 6.7 instead, early 07 were the last trucks to get the 5.9 and it never had a DPF ;)

• Staff

Deletes are basically black market these days.... really hard to come by. The hard parts are easier to acquire than the software. raceME might ship to the US. EFI Live is another option. Software/tuning must accompany the delete. 

Does he have the latest software?? Not all 08's came with the software that allowed his style use, but by 09 they did. It is probably worth a check on the software as it's a LOT cheaper than a delete and will keep him from plugging the DPF... unless it is driver style (drive 2 min shut it off, drive 2 min shut it off...). While a deleted truck is better it's not cheap and there generally are not problems with back road use and the latest software.  

• Staff

How does he know it is in regen? 

Software is where I would start.

Lots of 6.7's running around the back country and they aren't all parked with full DPF's... at least not since the mid year 08 software update. (That software wasn't out in Nov 07 when I bought my 05 or I might have looked closer at an 08). 

All have posted for EGR deletes only which is not going to help his issue of wanting / needing a DPF delete, EGR is only the smaller half of the issue at hand. :2cents:

As far as DPF deletes the EGR delete used to be or are included in the delete kits. Even the recent DPF delete on my 2014 Jetta included the low pressure EGR delete as part of the DPF delete kit. The tune was a separate purchase although all was through the same company.