• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Killer VP44 thread...

MichaelSo what is making mine die and start back up in a split second, I mean this thing died over 100 times in 10 mile. Now that the air temp is 70 plus you cant keep it running. I just came back from town and air temp is 60 it never died.Oh yea BD told me to stop running 2 stroke and put power service. So when it would not hardly run I went to auto store and put 2 qts two stroke in and it ran all the way back and never died, that is when I parked it.

Oh yea BD told me to stop running 2 stroke and put power service. So when it would not hardly run I went to auto store and put 2 qts two stroke in and it ran all the way back and never died, that is when I parked it.

it seems that when i talk to professionals, they always give be the dum look. they ALWAYS say to use "power service". but i know the truth

Well I can say that the 2 stroke oil diet has made a difference on a dieing vp44 pump I got the P0216 code and I was getting that dead pedal feeling when I had just bought this project truck I have been working on (2001 dodge 2500 4X4 5spd 260k) ,When ever I was getting to 60 and 70 mph the pedal didn't respond and now after I have adding the 2 stroke the truck hardly has those symptoms .I wonder how long would it go like that.

• Owner

Michael

So what is making mine die and start back up in a split second, I mean this thing died over 100 times in 10 mile. Now that the air temp is 70 plus you cant keep it running. I just came back from town and air temp is 60 it never died.Oh yea BD told me to stop running 2 stroke and put power service. So when it would not hardly run I went to auto store and put 2 qts two stroke in and it ran all the way back and never died, that is when I parked it.

Ok I'm curious of your current fuel pressure?

As for the 2 cycle oil comment... :lmao2:I've been to a injection shop in Lewiston, ID and the guys keep given me Stanadyne. I keep use 2 cycle oil and selling the Stanadyne to someone else. But My VP44 is over the 116K miles and still going. I've been using 2 cycle oil nearly 100K miles now! Yeap its been that long... But I'm still seeing 20-22 MPG roughly. :stuned:

So I know the 2 cycle oil isn't the cause of the problem... I also know 2 cycle oil CORRECTS injector problems. I've currently got a set of RV275 injectors that miss randomly at idle ONLY if I forget the 2 cycle oil. But The injectors have over 400K miles on them so if I pull a few more miles out them with 2 cycle oil good for me! :thumbup2: