• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel additive

The only thing about Optilube I'm not happy with is it increases cetane and reduces BTU. Also its not locally available and requires to be shipped UPS ground which adds cost to it.

This is not supposed to add cetane like the others do, at least that's what I read.

• Staff

Is outboard oil different than 2 stroke motorcycle oil ?

Not a lot of difference except some have less ash than others. How to tell is up to what you read on the bottle I guess.

Our injection pumps were designed to run with higher lubricity diesel not the new ultra low sulpher fuels of today. It's missing the low scoring values because it has less lubricating value.

• Owner

2 Cycle oil is safe for all Cummins diesels from 1989 to 2007. As for Optilube its a good product which tested out good for lubricity score. So really there is no real worry about either product. To me the fact of mail ordering a product just for one vehicle when I can stop at the local fuel station and get a quart of 2 cycle oil easy. Why? Being I do run chainsaws and weedwackers most of the summer.

Do you run TCW3 in your saws? I didn't think Stihls like that. :cel:  And I always thought our trucks can only run TCW3.

These motors will burn just about whatever you put through them. TCW3 is just tried and true.

• Owner

Our engine will burn engine oil like 10w-30 or 15w-40. But the problem is ash. Now if you follow oil talk threads you'll find all engine oil today has things like zinc and other soft metals added to the oil. This is ash. So this why the 2 cycle oil theory got started because the ash was piling up in the piston bowl as well as injector tips. Being that most all 2 cycle oil today is ASHLESS its a safe diesel fuel lubricant.

post-1-0-20994300-1434723623_thumb.jpg

dirty-inj.jpg