• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

blackstone lab report advise.

no. i installed the BHAF, i know you hate them for the CR. but my stock box is cracked and im unsure if it's making a good enough seal. but i did the BHAF at 190K well before the first and or second oil changes with lab tests. glad to see my silicone went down but worried about the potassium... that has me freaking out.

i must add i'm rather displeased with blackstones turnaround times. i sent this sample off over 3K miles ago. a month and a half ago. IMO Way to long to have to wait for results.

Oil analyzers usually has mine back in a week or less. I wouldn't worry about the potassium unless it starts showing sodium then you have coolant entry. I have seen on our equipment fleet results some equipment always show potassium but never develop past that. Just keep monitoring it as usual.

• Staff

UOA gets mine back very quick as well. 

There is another thread on here about it so I won't go into detail (derail last time) but blackstone will not ever get my business again as I was less than impressed with them. 

The potassium is low I would re-sample at 7500 and see. If it comes back good push to 10K and change it. 

My standard routine is to sample at 7500 and if it all looks good run it to 1 year which is about 10-12K.