• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CHANGED AIR FILTER & FOUND PROBLEM

Ok ok.... 

I did it.  :ashamed:

No not really but that does suck. I'll look in the shop tomorrow and see if I still have a compressor wheel for an hx35. If I can find it I'll pm you. 

Thanks, But thats a ATS Aurora 3000, think its based on S300 BODY, But appreciate it just the same

I Know I'm quoting myself"""" But i keep coming back to this cause its really the only logical explanation, "I'm not pointing fingers right now but they were the last one to have the hoses and clamps off so i could see how truck could set there in shop w/ all the stuff off, the air system exposed to anything and everything while there waiting on parts or busy on something else

*****SORRY*** Im referring to the Body shop that the Insurance co. assigned me to take truck to to fix after Accident, (front end)..wiped out Grill, bumper, Radiator, Air charger and Fan Assem. ....

***I Guess I've totally forget about the possibility that it could be something related to the collision . and it just never got noticed but i pulled the boot off right after and there was no damage so IDK

• Staff

This good lesson.... Cummins owners should pull the intake tube and inspect everything after any work is completed, before driving off.

I don't think it matters on a ford truck  :sofa:

When we pick vehicles up, we check under the vehicle (for puddles of fluid) & lift the hood check oil & to make sure caps are in place.  Start it up & wait for oil pressure, then shut down & check under the truck again for leaks. 

Family has had a vehicle returned with no oil (step-son, pre-med student, engine burned oil badly ever after that.  Got no satisfaction). 

Another with wrong oil filter my Ford Ranger with 2.2 natual diesel (lost all oil before step-son got half way home, had AAA tow it back) forunately engine wasn't damaged. 

I've had my trailer plug destroyed & damage concealed by a shop...  by the time I found it, it was too late to call them on it. 

I've had the hood blow open on the Dodge after leaving the DEALERSHIP. 

Had OEM filter box cracked by DEALERSHIP when hood hinges were replaced from above. 

A shame there is no QC but I've learned to be the final inspection. 

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 2

GUYS,   Good News........ I Called Jeff at ATS Diesel," Yesterday to Arrange shipping My turbo Back to them and inquire how much it was gonna cost to repair "Approximately" As Warranty {time} has ran out on My turbo for some time.  He Replied that if i sent it back to them "THEY WOULD FIX OR REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE"... :wow: I liked to have dropped the phone.....wasn't expecting that at all.....  :hyper:  :woot: wHAT A GREAT COMPANY..THATS WHAT I CALL PRODUCT SUPPORT

Edited by rburks

Just curious...  is there any wear / unexplained damage to the end of the intake hose?  Like might be caused by starting up with the hose rubbing against the turbo vanes? 

Edited by flagmanruss

Now hopefully your down time is limited.

Well,  i think he said they would get it back out repaired or replaced with new in 1 2-days depending on how i ship it and time of day they receive it.

I JUST  TICKLED PINK  THEY ARE FIXING IT PRO-BONO..All i have to pay is shipping each way

Just curious...  is there any wear / unexplained damage to the end of the intake hose?  Like might be caused by starting up with the hose rubbing against the turbo vanes? 

No, Intake boot looked fine, i checked for rub marks or holes all around it.....AHH, I' don't remember seeing anything like that, only way that could've happened is the body shop had it off and had it just laying in front of it and started it....AND JUDGING from history its certainly possible.. :cookoo:

ill check it agin she i remove the turbo

Edited by rburks