• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Great Songs

Me78569

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kenny Chesney has a new song and video with a powerful message about materialism in today's society.

One of the best songs and messages I have heard in a long while.  

I can relate to it very easily the older I become as I want to sell everything I own buy a simple condo on the water in Florida and live a simple life, my wife is realizing this as well and realizing I am going to do it some day as the sell off of unneeded material items has slowly begun on my end.

Wouldn't it be awesome If we could all break free of the "Golden Handcuffs" as a prior coworker once told me referring to people working for nothing more than some form of good compensation or benefits and not being happy.

My single word is "Simplicity".

Whats your word?

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1

I like the way the professor portrayed his message in the video, I may have to forward this to my daughter who is just finishing up her sophomore year at Colorado State, trying to figure out her piece of the American dream,

I just turned 50 years old a couple months ago and have been pondering with this issue myself, As far as putting it into a word I would have to call it *self sufficient*   In 5 more years I will be eligible for an early retirement, after 25 years with this outfit, and I'm probably going to jump on it, and spend the remainder of my working life working for myself, I will probably have to work twice the hours and make half the money at first, but at least I will be doing what I want and not relying on that check from corporate headquarters monthly.

• Like 1

The Golden Hand cuffs at my work place is the company will still supply you with full health care insurance after 20 years on the job and will insure you until you are 62? for full medicare to kick in and one must be at least 55 years old to do so as well if one chooses to retire or quit by then. That and the salary, retirement and other bennies are really good as well. But the shift work and the toll it wreaks on ones body, family and social life is the price one pays to wear the golden handcuffs here. If I make it to 20 years here I will be 58 years old but my dream is to be in FL. before then. There are other family things on my wife's side at play that keep me here for now.

Edited by Wild and Free

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one of the most powerful songs i've ever listened to.. must listen to the words.

I listen to this to remind myself to Never be like my POS sperm donor of a dad.

Most excellent song. and i also like the Ugly Kid Joe version as well.

On 11/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, Buzzinhalfdozen said:

i like getting lost in Youtube listening to music.

• Like 3