• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

TURBO!

Hav'nt done a wot run yet,...but in a ''to the hardware store drive'' i noticed the drive psi gauge is steady'er and its definetly lower then the stock turbo! Ill try to get some #ers soon. Till then you'll just have to thrash in agony!   :tease:

I love starting off!,.. every time i'm rewarded by that sweet turbo ''thrilling'' sound! did i mention this before?   :cool:

On the note of Drive pressure, I was "tuning" my exhaust brake.  I turned it on, and revved it up slowly until I hit ~60 psi, it was about 1800 RPM.  I looked at the tail pipe and it was hazing pretty good,  glanced at the Pyro and 1000*!!!  Goes to show that having a bunch of DP really does heat things up, Having a tight housing does get it spooled faster, but in order to make the same boost, you have to have more drive pressure, and then wastegate the extra volume.  I'm fairly impressed with my little HX35, between 6-30 psi it keeps pretty dang close to 1:1, sometimes higher, sometimes lower.

• Like 2

• Staff

I havnt seen higher boost psi then the stocker...32psi as before. How does this compare to stock psi?? i'm running the j-06 on   sw3[100hp]   tm2[max.]  tq1[min.]  Pod85

does the j06 boost fool? if it does, how does this work?? thanks!!

What are you using for a wastegate?

• Staff

POD set @ 85% prolly doesn't help any either.

Based on the Dyno testing I have done there is zero difference in power output at PoD 85 thru 3K rpms. 

PoD is a TPS adjustment and the way Smarty effect the TPS signal it goes WOT at around 82-83% TPS on PoD 99 which means PoD 85 still gets 100% load thru at least 3K rpms but with a softer pedal and a more linear pedal as well. 

Even PoD 70 gets 100% power thru around 2200-2300 rpms. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Ok.. so time to run a little test. 

Go do a WOT run and watch your drive pressure gauge. If it peaks and falls or peaks and flutters the WG is opening. If it continues to rise until you let off the throttle then it isn't opening. 

Sometime a turbo can move more air at the same, or less, pressure. Between the airflow improvements of my cam and turbo I run quite a bit more air at 28 psi now than I did at 34 psi with the stock turbo. We are after flow and not pressure, pressure is just the byproduct. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

sorry to resurect an old thread, but i have questions. as like many i don't get the numbers game with turbos.

i have a factory stock early 04. is there any way to get more air flow from my stock turbo, like a change of parts or do i need a whole new turbo? i have an S06 and will get UDC? if needed. i get rather high egt's on any of the software. i tow right now with stock tuning.