• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

airbag warning light

hodag56

Anybody know how to reset an air bag warning light on a 02 kia sadona? Doesn't show any codes, no cel . I've disconnected the battery for 20 min hoping it would reset, but didn't do it. Any suggestions? It's my wifes car with only 50k ,bought new never been in accident.

• Owner

AirBag system has a problem. The computer will only reset the issue after the repair has been made. It might just be a bad connection. Go over all the airbag wiring and double check all connections.

Danger Icon DANGER!
Make sure to do this while the battery is disconnected. Also make sure to disconnect the battery and leave alone for at least 10-15 minutes before starting work. I would hate to see you get injured by deploying a airbag by accident.

AirBag system has a problem. The computer will only reset the issue after the repair has been made. It might just be a bad connection. Go over all the airbag wiring and double check all connections.

Danger Icon DANGER!
Make sure to do this while the battery is disconnected. Also make sure to disconnect the battery and leave alone for at least 10-15 minutes before starting work. I would hate to see you get injured by deploying a airbag by accident.

Thanks Mike. I'll try to figure it out ,but I've pretty well checked all the connections. I'll probably have to go to the Kia dealer. I suspect a bad air bag modual, but I have no way to trouble shoot it. Thanks again.

Art

• Staff

When you disconnect the battery you can touch the two cables together. This will drain the capacitors right away with no worries of 'did I wait long enough'. There is no way to know what the problem is unless you see an open circuit in an SRS system or use a code reader to find it, fix it, and clear the code.  I have found that the code will only clear with my code reader.   

• Staff

You need one that can read and clear SRS codes. The scan tool I use for that is a Launch Creader CPR129 There are other scan tools out there that are less expensive. The CPR123 will do the same thing for about $200 less. The only authorized sellers for Launch USA are: Mac Tool, Matco Tool, Cornwell Tool, and NAPA http://www.launchtechusa.com/assets/launch_retailer/dealers.html. There are a lot of cheap Chines knock offs on E-Bay and Amazon. They won't do all the functions and you can't up load new software to them.      

Thanks for the information. I called a shop that my family has been using for 40 years and decided to let them figure it out. They have a SRS scan gauge .Some times  I    have to bite the bullet and realize I can't fix every thing.Thanks

The codes were B1112 (ignition voltage low) and B1511(driver side buckle switch open or short to ground)

Thanks for your help.

I don't post much, but I sure get a lot of info from all you guys.  I really appreciate this web site and all of the members. I kinda feel like I know Them.

Thanks again

Art