• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mopar440cu

Transmission woes

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

Heres the new dilema with the wifes truck.:mad: The darn transmission wont come out of first gear. I got first, reverse,park and neutral. Is there a electronic part in this thing that could make it not shift into second and third. She doesnt haul anything, Im trying to figure this one out. Would changing the fluid and filter help?? Any suggestions on the shifting problem would again be helpful!!!:thumbup2:

Wild and Free    1,112
Wild and Free

Check for codes first off. How high have you taken the rpm to see if it shifts? If the governor solenoid is sticky it will cause it to have a delayed upshift. could also be the speed sensor gone bad. First we need to know if there are codes.

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

No codes...The transmission shop said it just might be a broken 2 gear band and they could fix it for $200. Hopefully thats all thats wrong with it.

mowfast64    0
mowfast64

No codes...The transmission shop said it just might be a broken 2 gear band and they could fix it for $200. Hopefully thats all thats wrong with it.

Did you find a fix?

mowfast64    0
mowfast64

You are saying the band strut is bad so it won't shift out of 1st. gear. Mine will shift if you let off the throttle.

KOYOTE    0
KOYOTE

be careful theres a differance between broken and stretched, broke no shift, stretched failure to shift under load, and i have seen the lock nut on the band adjustment work loose and back the band off, the nut will be just siting in the bottom of the trans pan when removed

mopar440cu    0
mopar440cu

Did you find a fix?

Yes, it was the second band that was broke and i had it replaced.