• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 Auto / Lots of New Parts / Engine Error Code Issue

I had a break in the wires to the rear speed sensor just behind the fuel tank on my 98. Took me a while to figure that out.

There is a connector on mine that looks kind of crappy. I rebuilt half of my moms deck this weekend. I'll be taking a look this week. If the rain holds out I will take a look tonight. Thanks for the insight.

Check the junction above the drivers front tire.  All the wires to the rear of the truck connect there. I have seen that junction get corroded and cause issues like the speedo.

Ok, so we cleaned the plugs on the transmission, the plug for the speed sensor on the rear end and the 3 plugs at the junction by the driver side door. While I was picking up decking the converter started locking and unlocking really fast. It did it consistently. After we did what we did last night cleaning the plugs its not doing it anymore. I got on the highway this morning coming to work and it locked up hard like it should. My comp box started working again too which I don't understand. But I'm ok with it haha

• 3 weeks later...

Update for whoever is wondering haha. I had a tail light wiring issue. I fixed that and it seems to have made somewhat of a difference as far as the lockup issue. It hasn't done it since and thats been about a week. I also ordered a Timbo APPS and picked up a new camshaft sensor so we will see if that helps with my check engine light issue.

• Owner

Ok, so we cleaned the plugs on the transmission, the plug for the speed sensor on the rear end and the 3 plugs at the junction by the driver side door. While I was picking up decking the converter started locking and unlocking really fast. It did it consistently. After we did what we did last night cleaning the plugs its not doing it anymore. I got on the highway this morning coming to work and it locked up hard like it should. My comp box started working again too which I don't understand. But I'm ok with it haha

Just out of safety I would still test the alternator for AC noise levels. The fact it capable of lock/unlock issue bothers me and rather error to the side of safety knowing the alternator is working properly. Measure the AC voltage at the BATT post of the alternator and NEG battery post. A good alternator is 0.01 to 0.02. Marginal is 0.05. Failed is 0.1 and higher.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get the guy who pulled the codes to clear them for me to see what happens but he said he wasn't allowed. I'll find someone today to clear them and then I'll recheck in a day or two. I'll keep the topic updated. I appreciate the quick response guys.

The thing to do (If you cant afford a nice code reader) is get one off ebay. I know there are better. But when you get one as a gift from someone who things that they are helping its kind of hard to hurt their feelings. It should clear them and as said before if they come back then there is an issue.