• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

help with wiper motor

Please consider my previous post.  It used to be...  maybe still is...  that wipers were hot (power to them) all the time.  The parking feature required the GROUND to be interupted when it reach the park position.  So YES, you will read POWER on the GROUND line when you have you meter or test light to ground.   The SWITCH is also on the ground side, so your tester is jumping the switch.   

This set up sometimes causes a corrosion problem (green verdigris) on the hot side.  If contaminates like salt air condenses on the hot side.   

Edited by flagmanruss

flagmanruss,,,i think i see this now after looking at the wiring diagram closely, YOUR RIGHT  Gnd breaks in certain spot which causes them to park looks to me that the only other thing that could be causing this is the relay stuck over an when ground is broke on park, the relay post should be in posItion 87,,if it was Stuck on the 87A it would short would it

IDK,,,what do think

Edited by rburks

Got in a little early today and just popped the hood. Wiper arms are clean and free to move. Removed the relay. With switch off, key on, I have 12v on wire #2 (as labeled on motor) Blue Wire. No other voltage. Tested at the plug.

Switch on low - I have 12v on wires 3 & 2 brown and blue wires. Tested at the plug.

With plug connected, key on, switch on low, I have

12v on wire 3 brown

12v on wire 2 blue

0 v on wire 1 green

12 v on wire 4 red

12 on ground