• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sluggish acceleration

When pushing down on accelerator pedal,sluggish response almost dead pedal,truck sounds rough. If you cycle key switch on/off, truck clears up and runs fine.it only does this intermittently, but cycling the ignition switch always resolves the issue. Any ideas,bad relay or switch contacts?

I have not used a scanner yet. I will see if I can acess one. The only code on the Odometer readout is P1693. Fuel pressure is 7psi. Only a small amount of black smoke. If I toggle the key switch real fast on/off it clears up and runs great. This fixes it every time?

Like ME says you need to stop at an advance or autozone or such  and have them check for codes. That will get you pointed in the right direction. Kind of a guessing game without them. It can be guessing game with them sometimes, but they help.

7psi fuel pressure is low, is this @idle or WOT???

IF THIS IS AT IDLE YOUR PROBABLY DOWN TO 3-5PSI @WOT... with STOCK CARTIER PUMP....... May not be your issue now but it will almost certain to be 1 in the future 

Edited by rburks

• Owner

When pushing down on accelerator pedal,sluggish response almost dead pedal,truck sounds rough. If you cycle key switch on/off, truck clears up and runs fine.it only does this intermittently, but cycling the ignition switch always resolves the issue. Any ideas,bad relay or switch contacts?

This means there could be internal ECM issues. If you cycle the key your rebooting the ECM. Just like cycling the power switch on your laptop. The computer must go back through and reboot. This is why I always say do not disconnect the batteries because it will not reset computers. Thee software is flashed to the PROM and will not change with disconnecting the batteries. But cycling the key dumps the active RAM and causes in flight reboot.

Now do you see any delay in the WAIT TO START light? Randomly or other wise?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, i have been out of town for a while. I did get scanner codes from the ECU. P0216,P0230,P0380,P0252,P0251. My assumption is that my ingection pump is shot. Do you recommend a reliable source for these? Thanks very much for everyones input, it is very helpful.