• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scale Info

Just for heck of it, while driving past a certified scale, I turned in and got MightyWhitey weighed.  Just me in the truck, no dogs, no trailer, minimal stuff inside, and 7/8 tank of fuel.

Steer axle..............................4680lbs.

Drive axle..............................3300lbs.

Gross weight.........................7980lbs.

If I put just 2 of my dogs, plus some more dog training stuff I regularly use, I'd surely be pushing 8200lbs.  Then is I put the 3rd dog in the truck............

When we drive to NoDak, we normally have 3 guys and 2-3 dogs in my truck and a heavy tool kit, jack, etc.........Wouldn't surprise me that the truck alone is pushing 9000lbs.........................then the trailer that's usually loaded to the ceiling with gear.

With a front GAWR of 5200lbs., my 3rd gen is 90% of maximum with very little in the truck.  It's no wonder they go thru BJ's, TRE's, and axle U-joints like candy. 

• Staff

With a front GAWR of 5200lbs., my 3rd gen is 90% of maximum with very little in the truck.  It's no wonder they go thru BJ's, TRE's, and axle U-joints like candy. 

Exactly!!..well mostly just the BJ's and wheel bearings. The u-joints are not load bearing and the TRE's didn't change, from 08, for the 5500lb FAWR in 2010 and I don't know about the 2013 6K FAWR. 

I have zero trouble hitting 5300-5400lbs on my front axle when I am loaded up for a hunting trip without a trailer. 

My 05 with a half tank of fuel and normal supplies without me in it hooked to my triple axle 30' flatbed gooseneck trailer last week scaled 14,420 with an empty trailer. I think with a full tank of fuel normal supplies in the box and me in the cab is around 7800. I know my pickup and trailer are real close to the same weight.

What is in/on my truck other than what I mentioned.....................

IN/ON THE BED

1.  Fiberglass camper shell

2.  Line-X bed liner

3.  Wooden platform in the bed 3/4 box length and wheel well height

4.  2 large dog crates on this platform

5.  3 dozen training bumpers under platform

6.  Jumper cables, 2 inch hitch, 2 5/16 hitch, army shovel, dog stake out under platform

7.  1 gallon engine oil, 2-4 quarts of 2 stroke oil, 1 gallon of dog water in a small plastic box

IN THE BACK SEAT

1.  2 dozen silhouette decoys for dog training

2.  Assorted tools and spare parts for truck under the seat.

3.  Dog first aid kit

That was essentially it in my truck.  Back seat was empty save for the bag of decoys.