• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question about Torque Managment & De-fueling

Like I said there are dozens of products made to TEE into harness wires that are water tight and just like factory connectors. I was simply pointing out that the el-cheapo scotch locks they send with should never be used and the companies supplying them with the performance modules ect should know better but they are easy to use and they think most couldn't use an actual product or have the know how or they themselves don't have the ability to do things the proper way with an actual professional finish.

• Like 1

Exactly. They could at least supply a weather proof butt connector, those are pretty stupid proof. I was ready to buy a brand new car trailer until I crawled underneath it and saw scotch locks everywhere. Told the salesman for that kind of money I shouldn't have to re-wire the whole thing.

Like I said there are dozens of products made to TEE into harness wires that are water tight and just like factory connectors. I was simply pointing out that the el-cheapo scotch locks they send with should never be used and the companies supplying them with the performance modules ect should know better but they are easy to use and they think most couldn't use an actual product or have the know how or they themselves don't have the ability to do things the proper way with an actual professional finish.

:iagree:

OK,,MOVING ON...    When i bought my edge juice w/att several yrs ago like maybe 4-5, word was THEN that smarty didn't work that well with 2nd GENS.. How has that changed???   

Do you have any part numbers or suppliers for these "T"s ? I looked for something like that but could never find them. I thought maybe there was no such thing and gave up. I'd love to have some water proof T splices.

Here at work we have lots of pre made Deutsch connectors and tee wires made for Cat. Best ones are the DT series connectors and the Cat part # for a pre-made tee splice is 2073814 to be used with the DT series Deutsch connectors. I use these on my own personal equipment as well when I need to splice into a circuit or even tie two circuits together ect..http://www.deutschconnector.com/products/deutsch_connectors/deutsch_dt_series_connectors/

If one decides to use deutsch connectors make sure and buy the gold plated pins and sockets, they last longer and have less arcing issues than the nickel pins and sockets if it is used on a heavily used switched circuit otherwise if constant power or sensors or any other application nickel works well enough.

I also use lots of heat shrink and if using butt connectors only buy the heat shrink type as well. There is a super method of splicing wires too but it takes a bit of skill and patience and one needs to be fair at soldering, this overall is the best of the best method of splicing wires. It requires carefully peeling off about an inch of wire insulation and then parting the wire in half with an opening and then insert the wire to be spliced in also splitting it into 2 halves and braiding it half way each direction and then solder it and then heat shrink it.

Bussman has real slick fuse taps we use tons of also. They come in several sizes and styles for different types of automotive fuses.

3c2dce34-cf0b-43a1-aabf-d886ccd13aad.JPG

• Like 1

You don't I was just throwing out other items like the fuse taps that some may not be aware of for tapping into power supplies.

The cat part # I posted is like a butt splice tee, premade with the pins and sockets on the ends already to plug into the DT connectors..

OK,,MOVING ON...    When i bought my edge juice w/att several yrs ago like maybe 4-5, word was THEN that smarty didn't work that well with 2nd GENS.. How has that changed???   

It hasn't changed much. It removes some of the TM, but is still limited to ~65hp because it doesn't have a wiretap to fuel. IMO it's a great box (if you have a light foot, otherwise it's smokey) especially for towing.