• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wife broke down with my truck... Castleton Vt

I've was running TCW3 (2 cycle oil) the time the OEM lift pump failed & still do.  Maybe why, the VP44 has survived these incidents.  At least she's adding the premeasured doses each fuel fill.  (though it's calibrated on half tank top ups, not EMPTY, so should be doubled.  I know she is because I get the empty oil bottles brought in for me to refill. 

I need to add the R&D Auto did right by us.  (Ask for Danny) 

1015 Main Street Castleton, Vt 05735

(802) 468-5268

Considerable previously work at dealership

They have Dodge Cummins of their own. 

Have seen aftermarket lift pumps & not thrown by them.

Decent understanding of VP44 issues.   

Shop just called.  Truck is up & running.  New filters.  Problem is she ran it down on fuel...  sucked air on a hill & down she went.   How many frigging times must I tell her???  Maybe she'll listen to the mechanic.   Fuel guages are not reliable.  Sometimes they read off.  She said it had 1/4 tank.  Mechanic said 1/8th.   I start looking for fuel at 1/2 tank... 

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!       

Believe me its not just you, I chew my wife out all the time for running everything down to the peg. Don't know how but she has never ran out of fuel ............................YET, that I know of. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have to brag a little here because at times it seems like my wife is more in tune with car maintenance than I am. All my preaching over the years has apparently paid off because she fills up at 1/2 tank and notices clunks/clanks/abnormal things before I do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...