• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What electric lift pump would you buy today?

I'm disabled & have to send out virtually all work.  I have an original maker AirDog...  out of warentee because if how I bought it...   mounted to the frame rail.   

I like the mechanical pumps but am afraid I can't send something that complicated to a shop.  

Wife has the truck...  broken down in Vt.   So I have to make choices, long distance.  

I'm going to have to deal with it tomorrow.

• Owner

I'm like yourself. I bought a old school AirDog 150 and no warranty because I was one of the few without a warranty nor the knowledge of the card. So if mine failed today I would be looking to rebuild the exist pump with fresh parts from Pureflow first. Beyond that most are heading over to FASS for replacement pumps. Now as from Eric @ Vulcan Performance he says that the AirDog 100 and AirDog 150 series have improved again. At least from his stand point he's not getting a bunch of warranty calls. All I can say is call and ask him about it.

I'm like yourself. I bought a old school AirDog 150 and no warranty because I was one of the few without a warranty nor the knowledge of the card. So if mine failed today I would be looking to rebuild the exist pump with fresh parts from Pureflow first. Beyond that most are heading over to FASS for replacement pumps. Now as from Eric @ Vulcan Performance he says that the AirDog 100 and AirDog 150 series have improved again. At least from his stand point he's not getting a bunch of warranty calls. All I can say is call and ask him about it.

Wondering from what date forward for the new and improved AirDogs ?

But how many is he (ERIC) selling now,,, and  maybe the reason he's not getting any warranty calls are because most are just saying PI$$ On it and buying FASS... I REALLY HATE TO SEE A/D Name brought down to this level....I WAS AFRAID WHEN THE OLD MAN SOLD OUT THIS WAS COMING,,,,ITS SAD

Edited by rburks

YOU KNOW, After i installed my A/D100 years ago i used to call Pure flow office like real early in the morning for just stuff like IDK filter info, or water sp. cross over# or filter orders,,,i mean like 6:00AM AND he would answer phone and be like the only one there and i remember 1 conversation that last for close to 1-hour.. He was great...

I'm disabled & have to send out virtually all work.  I have an original maker AirDog...  out of warentee because if how I bought it...   mounted to the frame rail.   

I like the mechanical pumps but am afraid I can't send something that complicated to a shop.  

Wife has the truck...  broken down in Vt.   So I have to make choices, long distance.  

I'm going to have to deal with it tomorrow.

I sure wish there was something i could do to help, IM clear down here on the other end of VA. on the KY& WVA state line... i hope everything works out for ya

I installed frame mount raptor 100 back in 2012, I chose it because I didn't need the 150 because my engine basically stock, and life time warranty, I still use the stock fuel filter, and run the 1/2 big line on both sides of pump.. With that said, the pump locked up on me twice when I first got it within the first 2000 miles. both times I puled the gear rotors out and cleaned them. and good to go. So far I have put about 60,000 miles and no issues yet.

• Staff

If your already set up for the frame mount electric pump I would go that route again seeing as how you are broke down now. That will get you home to figure out a more permanent mechanical pump for the future.

Thunder showers here now in Oregon. Hope no fires start

http://fassfuelpumps.com/p-54-fass-19985-20045-cummins-titanium-series-fuel-pump-95gph.aspx  LOOKS much like the Original Air Dog lift pump series.  It is also a air vapor separator.  So If one is replacing a failed AD, the IN, OUT, & fuel vapor return would all be used.   This would make the install easier for a unfamiar shop.  

I see a lot of good stuff in the fass accessories.   

I talked to the shop...  truck's not in the shop yet...   fron the conversation, owner if pretty knowledgeable.  That's reassuring.  They've already found a mouse nest in the stock filter housing (I'd put it back for the winter.)  Only vehicle I haven't screened the air filter...  BHAF was already screened...  

Edited by flagmanruss

• Staff

http://fassfuelpumps.com/p-54-fass-19985-20045-cummins-titanium-series-fuel-pump-95gph.aspx  LOOKS much like the Original Air Dog lift pump series.  It is also a air vapor separator.  So If one is replacing a failed AD, the IN, OUT, & fuel vapor return would all be used.   This would make the install easier for a unfamiar shop.  

I see a lot of good stuff in the fass accessories.   

I talked to the shop...  truck's not in the shop yet...   fron the conversation, owner if pretty knowledgeable.  That's reassuring.  They've already found a mouse nest in the stock filter housing (I'd put it back for the winter.)  Only vehicle I haven't screened the air filter...  BHAF was already screened...  

Gotcha. It has been around for a long time. The son of the AirDog founder is who started FASS. The AirDog founder sold out in 2009 and the AD went downhill fast and the FASS kept going up. 

FASS is leaps and bounds ahead of where they where 10 years ago and the same cannot be said for AD. 10 years ago it was a even tossup between the two. 

Airdog does not have any provisions for heat, elec or coolant, and that is a big deal to me. 

The FASS method of filtering and separating air (whether or not you believe in it) is better, IMHO

• Like 2

Thanks!  I didn't know that!   A lot of folks may have ADs fail & need a replacement...  incredibly smart to have a ready product. 

Lots of room Quad cab / long bed!  

See my thread under 911 for VP44 search results. 

Edited by flagmanruss