• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Haven't seen this for a while...

AH64ID

• Owner

With that cute little trailer? That is a bit lower than I would have guessed.

I really hate to scale my trailer right now. I rather heavy. Not to mention I didn't shut down the engine much through the day and kept the A/C running between stops. But during unloading I did shut down the truck. I'm pretty sure I'm close to the weight of my RV weight.

• Staff

I do.

That explains some of the miles per tank you get.

I only do once or twice a year for hunting or long backroad trips. I account for the fuel between the click and neck full on the next tank.

My truck quite often gets fueled and parked for a week or more and a tank full to the neck has nowhere to expand.

• Like 1

I have a tiny bit of seepage on the top of the tank...  I don't fill up into the neck unless I'm on a trip... 

8mpg is pretty piss poor.  My 79 C30, 454, towing cam, Edlebrock intake, AFB, headers, huge truck mufflers, 3.73 axle, 16.5 tires...  got 11 mpg.  I thought 11 was bad.  Twin fireball 20g saddle tanks...  LOL!  Towing or empty, did not matter.  The AC mattered (when it had AC)..  subtract 1 mpg.           

Edited by flagmanruss

That explains some of the miles per tank you get.

I only do once or twice a year for hunting or long backroad trips. I account for the fuel between the click and neck full on the next tank.

My truck quite often gets fueled and parked for a week or more and a tank full to the neck has nowhere to expand.

My truck almost never sits for more than a day.

i don't top off that far. only let it click off 3 times. always get fuel from sams club unless traveling.

this trip i went from Flagpole az, to payson, to Phoenix, then back home i'm happy with the results. i dropped to 65 mph, and tried to keep boost under 10. edge set 4.post-1725-0-69691200-1438529958_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I am still on the same tank of diesel and will drive the truck again tomorrow. I'll peek and see where I am at. 

IIRC the 2500 QCSB has a 34 gal tank vs the QCLB 35 gal tank? 

With you topping off I would guess you have a gallon or two more than I do with the bigger tank and only filling to the click. 

I am still on the same tank of diesel and will drive the truck again tomorrow. I'll peek and see where I am at. 

IIRC the 2500 QCSB has a 34 gal tank vs the QCLB 35 gal tank? 

With you topping off I would guess you have a gallon or two more than I do with the bigger tank and only filling to the click. 

The 1st "mod" I ever did to my truck was the "fuel tank vent mod".   When I first got my '04.5, it would take 27-28 gallons of diesel to "fill her up".  

After the "fuel tank vent mod";  when I fill up now, MightyWhitey takes 30-32 gallons.  I think I have the "little" tank.