• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Haven't seen this for a while...

AH64ID

My current tank of fuel................................just touching the top of the 1/4 tank mark.

attachicon.gifIMG_0513.jpg

This tanks averaged in at 20.6mpg hand calculated.  Wound up with 630 miles driven and stuffed the tank with 30.5 gallons of fuel.  What I do when hand calculating mileage is to just take the WHOLE number of miles and eliminate the decimal.  For instance, on this tank of fuel, I actually drove 630.7 miles.  Then for the fuel;  I round up the decimal.  On this tank I filled up with 30.47 gallons.................rounded up to 30.5.

This way;  I'm actually getting slightly less fuel mileage than actual.  630 divided by 30.5 equals 20.6xx.

Why not just do the math with the actual numbers? 

I broke 500 miles this morning on the tank and the needle is right at 1/4 tank, but the sender is reporting 29%. 

I like to do math by hand.  I could do it on my I-phone;  but then I'd have to find the calculator on the darn thing!!!!!!  It's just a bit faster and easier if I round down the miles by not counting the tenths;  and then just round up the gallons to the next tenth.............that way only one decimal place to account for in the math.........................and I also know that I got a RCH better mileage than the math shows!!!

Just saying!!!

Edited by dorkweed
  • Like 1

Hmmm, this gives me an idea for a "gadget" for my Translator...  :hyper:

My current tanks MPG arn't looking so good, Just above a 1/4 tank and probably 400 miles....  Though I do have an excuse!

DSCN9798.jpg

• Like 1

• Staff

I finally filled up today and was surprised that my last fillup was the 6th of July.

I ended up at 606.8 miles and 32.324 gallons for an average of 18.77.. Woot woot! Best of the year, 4173 miles, by 3.25 mpg. Average speed was 34.1.

I got stuck in traffic a couple times, did multiple short 6 mile trips to Lowe's, several front yard to pasture loads, and think I hit WOT three times. Once for passing in the mountains, and twice at low speed to fill cars with Prius repellent for being less than polite on the road ( they started it with finger and horns, both were in the same crappy town on different days. Best I can figure I didn't do boosted launches from a stoplight and they thought I should be going faster).

All in all a great tank for how I use this pickup and it is nice to see it is still capable of great mileage when I am not using it like I normally do. Including this tank my average for the year is 12.63 and I have had a trailer hooked up for 56.4% of my miles.

• Staff

Before I bought a commuter car I was averaging in the 15-16 range but now that I have a commuter and a heavier/bulkier setup for camping my average is way down. The last 16,607 miles, 21 months, has had an average of 13.44 with 39% of the miles with a trailer hooked up. I have had a low of 9.43 and the recent high of 18.77 for the same time frame. Those are also all on a new engine which should achieve better mileage as time goes on. I am quite certain it is mostly broken in thou :-)

• Staff

Hmmm, this gives me an idea for a "gadget" for my Translator...  :hyper:

My current tanks MPG arn't looking so good, Just above a 1/4 tank and probably 400 miles....  Though I do have an excuse!

DSCN9798.jpg

Nice truck Cowby, Nice Picture