• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Screening OEM air filter against mice

I had to put OEM filter box back in...  mice promptly moved in, trashed filter element.  So today I screened the filter with aluminum expander metal & self drill / self tap screws

IMG_2644.jpg

Long ago I used SS pot scrubber behind the hood hinges...  where the cowl drains are.  Water drains just fine but mice can't get into the heater.

IMG_2646.jpg

Edited by flagmanruss
  • Like 1

I'll give it a try.  At least I have a screened air inlet now.  If I switch the box out, the screen will move with it.   No screws into filter element!   

See the cracks in the filter box (now super glued)...  by dealership. 

Edited by flagmanruss

Dang mice. Ever think of sticking a cat in there? I have the problem when I store my motorcycle over winter. I've found they don't like to dirty their little paws in grease so I tape the holes and grease over top. Your screen should do the job well though.