• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tepee Fire

• Owner

Whew! I'm home at the computer. Sorry for the up-side-down picture I was doing from my tablet today. As for the fire its about 2 miles from my house right now.

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4506/

I've been given the day off to get things in order here with jobs and personal stuff and I will be hitting the fire lines on Monday for sure. As far as I know the USFS is say it's not if but when it will enter the Elk Lake Subdivision. They are figuring on Tuesday. The fire model shows that it will burn north toward us and down to the river.

(Picture fixed)

Here is also the fire location to me. (Mouse pointer)

post-1-0-93625300-1439697131_thumb.png

Best of luck, Mike.  That is RIGHT by your house.  Is your home in the path of the fire at all?

Wild land fires suck.  My buddies are out fighting fires in Cali at the moment as well.  

• Owner

I'm about 2.5 miles from the fire now. Technically yes I'm in the path according to the sandbox models they are doing. It heading north and spreading east and west. So to be smart I moved my RV from here at home to a friends place in New Meadows, ID. That way I don't have to worry about embers or fire fallout landing the roof of the RV. It also become a fallback place for us if it does come this far. So on my way home from New Meadows, ID I stopped at our fire camp. I talked to the Fire Chief and he informed me that he wants me to go home and rest. He want me ready for when the $ h ! t hits the fan. Right now they are placing fold-a-tanks at homes and setting up sprinkler systems. They also been cleaning up brush and trees so when the fire does reach Elk Lake they have a better chance of fighting it.

I'm about 2.5 miles from the fire now. Technically yes I'm in the path according to the sandbox models they are doing. It heading north and spreading east and west. So to be smart I moved my RV from here at home to a friends place in New Meadows, ID. That way I don't have to worry about embers or fire fallout landing the roof of the RV. It also become a fallback place for us if it does come this far. So on my way home from New Meadows, ID I stopped at our fire camp. I talked to the Fire Chief and he informed me that he wants me to go home and rest. He want me ready for when the $ h ! t hits the fan. Right now they are placing fold-a-tanks at homes and setting up sprinkler systems. They also been cleaning up brush and trees so when the fire does reach Elk Lake they have a better chance of fighting it.

Good luck mike!  Prayin for you! 

I wish I could send some MAFFS up! 

MAFFS-2-training.jpg

• Owner

They had some air tankers up doing drops during the initial attack. They where called off because of the wild up and down draft in that canyon. Helibase has be set up in the New Meadows valley and Base Camp is just south of New Meadows near the tamarack Mill. I'm going to have to pack up my old camera and take it with me on the fire for photos. I figure I will be back on site first thing about 7am in the morning.

Matter of fact I've got to haul out and get watering tonight.

Will you help get that thing under control! My view of the seven devils was not as good as normal yesterday.

Damn John. looks like you moved to the Smokey Mountains. That is a very common look at the Smokies.

Micheal, you and Rosa Lee take care now. I will be thinking about ya both.

Edited by dripley

• Owner

We are doing good. I'm just tried and long days. Fire is possibly going to cross US95 by late today or early morning maybe. It just depends on the nightly winds. I'm going to pack my old camera tomorrow to see if I can captures some pictures for you guys and gals. So far we are holding our own on the North side of the fire and doing well. I've been filling ponds with the 4,000 gallon water tender. Been assisting USFS with equipment and cache duties. I might... be relocated to the south end of the fire maybe tomorrow depends on Commander from forestry and our Chief. It's been light smoke on the north side today being we've had a south wind.

post-1-0-07077100-1439986554_thumb.jpg

North side looks light that day...

post-1-0-73023900-1439986542_thumb.jpg

Our 4,000 tender and filling engines from Elk Lake Creek.

post-1-0-55725200-1439986489_thumb.jpg

Drop point and some of our fire fighters.

post-1-0-02576300-1439986500_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-51298400-1439986510_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-36626500-1439986521_thumb.jpg

Give a feel of driving up to some of these home are narrow dirt roads going back nearly 1 1/2 miles. No pull outs, only one turn around.

post-1-0-90604000-1439986531_thumb.jpg