• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok after all the help on here i decided to go with a reman nv500 from haisly machine im going with a 01 so it will have the 1 3/8 input. Now will the larger flywheel and clutch fit with no issues as long as i get the starter spacer and what clutch do yall recomend for a stock to 500hp truck to tow with

Ok so im ready to order my trans. The 13 in cluth and fly wheel will fit with no issue as long as i get the starter spacer correct?

As far as I know you should be good. You ought to do your rear main seal while you are that deep into it.

by the way what clutch are you going to use? The SB I am going to use is only rated for 450 hp. Sufficient for me but maybe not you.

Edited by dripley

I would go for a dual disk, but not two ceramic faces. Valair has a dual disk organic that I'm sure is great and I know for a fact that SB has a good 3250 that I believe it ceramic/organic. Put one of the SB 3250 in my buddies 2005 with G56 and it was a great clutch. I have met Dan Vallance from Valair and he is a stand up guy, he got my money when I had an nv4500.

• Owner

If money is tight and you don't plan on adding power I would go with a single disc that meets your specs.

I'm at roughly 400 hp / 900 tq and tow and haul heavy no issues with a single disc. There is no real reason I can see for daily drive to need a dual unless he's got huge tires and high horse power like 500 or more...