• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Out-of-town CEL

Interesting combo... APPS voltage too low and Crankshaft position sensor signal.

Possible A/C noise from the altenator... Possible both sensors are going bad... possible bad ground...

I'd clear the codes and hope they don't come back until you get home

I think these 2 showed up about a year ago, cleared them and stayed away till now. Somewhere on here I think I read that if you disconnect batteries you need to reset apps. I had alternator quit at nite and drove to destination. Next morning batteries were dead. This happened when I first bought truck. Never reset apps. Could that cause this code?

Been back from my trip since Sunday night. Busy with work till last night. Disconnected batteries and replaced crank sensor, hooked up batteries and reset APPS. Engine started right up and cel was gone. Will test drive today. On my trip home, with 150 miles to go, 10:30 pm in a town that was asleep I shut truck off and wouldn't start. Also saw a couple of times tach wasn't working during trip. Wanted to remove crank sensor, but couldn't get starter bolts loose. After an hour it started!