• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

XRF Balljoints

Dave 110, this is a great offer, Just beware if Mike gets the torch. He as been known to strike a man in the cahones with a super heat ball stud in the past. :tongue:

Ha Ha. I can pretty much guarantee the torch will be deployed. Nothing beats the old gas wrench if used correctly.

attachicon.gifReplacing_Ball_Joints.pdf

Here is a right up I stumbled across a little while back. i did not have the benefit of any pneumatic tools when I did mine. Still managed to do it however. 

It is basically bolt off bolt on except that everything is pretty well stuck. So be prepared for some frustration.

Thanks for that. I believe I saw it before but my 99 is opposite from this. Same idea though.

I never use a fork for taking steering components apart, one usually does more damage than not with them. Just wrap on the housings with a good hammer several times and they more often than not break loose that way alone.

i have one and use it when I know the part I am removing will not be reused. I have also had some luck with the wrapping method at times. Did not work well on the unit bearing however. Not sure I had a big enough wrapper for that.

Edited by dripley