• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally got some $$ for a few upgrades

The wife gave me the go ahead so my plans are to install RV275s, an Edge Comp, and a stealth plate.  Is there anything special that I am going to have to buy to install these (ie washers, mounting hardware?)  I am hoping to improve MPGs a little and make the truck more efficient.

Thanks for the help

Like mike says, the cross over orings. You are going to like what you are doing. The RV's themselves are a nice addition and I did see some mpg increase with them. I just put a comp on mine but my clutch would not hold it and will have to be replaced. That could be a concern. I have seen a fuel mileage increase since my install of the comp even with it off. 

You're going to love your truck with those additions! I would consider doing them in stages. Install the injectors, drive around for a couple hundred miles and make sure everything is good. See how you like them and how your truck reacts. Then install the comp and stealth plate and compare. My 2 cents  

• Like 1

You're going to love your truck with those additions! I would consider doing them in stages. Install the injectors, drive around for a couple hundred miles and make sure everything is good. See how you like them and how your truck reacts. Then install the comp and stealth plate and compare. My 2 cents  

Great advice, that was my plan.

Injectors should come with new copper shims and o-rings for the injector. You might want to order a set of cross over o-rings just to cover your rear for leaks.

Great, it was advice like this I was looking for.  I'll get those on order as well.

Like mike says, the cross over orings. You are going to like what you are doing. The RV's themselves are a nice addition and I did see some mpg increase with them. I just put a comp on mine but my clutch would not hold it and will have to be replaced. That could be a concern. I have seen a fuel mileage increase since my install of the comp even with it off. 

I really hope this doesn't drive me to have to replace my clutch. :sick:

The edge can kill your clutch unless you are careful.  I had a Juice w Attitude on my 5sp, and it lived about 10,000 mi running the juice on 3.  I smoked it and went southbend Con-OFE with new hydraulics and it never slipped again. 

I really hope this doesn't drive me to have to replace my clutch. :sick:

me too!!!

The edge can kill your clutch unless you are careful.  I had a Juice w Attitude on my 5sp, and it lived about 10,000 mi running the juice on 3.  I smoked it and went southbend Con-OFE with new hydraulics and it never slipped again. 

That is in my future, but I dont see the CON OFE any more. It appears is a 1947 OFE, same facings different name. I need the OFEK that comes with the flywheel. Still have the stocker on.

your right foot will decide weather you have to replace the clutch i would think. everyone told me i have to rebuild my auto with a programmer, and 60K later it's doing fine,

This is true.  I drive stuff pretty hard.  Usually the edge of smoke.

your right foot will decide weather you have to replace the clutch i would think. everyone told me i have to rebuild my auto with a programmer, and 60K later it's doing fine,

i wont argue with what your are saying, but I can slip my clutch with the comp off. Once the turbo spools it slips. 5th and 6th anyway. if I roll into it I can make it hold. New clutch coming soon and I will be able to enjoy the power.

• Owner

Broke the hub.

2uiax5u.jpg

Same thing Southbend Con OFE and never looked back. Holding good enough to break the tires loose in 4th gear.

You might want to order a set of cross over o-rings just to cover your rear for leaks.

I've looked around online and there are many people saying that these o rings are just common o rings bought at a local hardware store.  Is that accurate?