• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter is coming

Mopar1973Man

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Lets say by Thanksgiving the ski resorts should be open. Right now they opened and barely got 18-30" of snow to ski on. New Meadows, ID should bury the fence post along the highway by Christmas or New Years. Long ways from that. I should have at least 1-2 feet of snow in my yard right now.

Older Video. (2011 winter)

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Ain't that the truth lol.

My buddy is burning some vacation time next week so we'll probably take his dad's boat out a few miles to the first set of rigs, or if it's too rough hit up one of the bays. Right after this last cold front came through there were some people cleaning up on reds, muddy water and lots of wind be damned.

• Like 4

Hammer I am so Jealous of you right now.......................But then again even though my bvoating water season is over we are having 50*+ weather in December so can't complain, had a couple inches of snow last week but that is now gone already, looks to be 40-50's this coming week when we should normally be teens and 20's for highs, we are barely getting down to our normal high temps for lows which is no problem for this guy, getting more sick of winters every year.

Got a text from my mom this weekend.  

Been 45*f and no snow on the ground up in International Falls MN.  Normally it hasn't been above freezing for a month.

imagejpeg_0_zpslaxcyaxc.jpg

sad.  I am going up there for Christmas, but I am afraid it is going to be nice. I am sick of it being hot in winter.

• Like 1

I love it when it is subzero.  Everything is pristine. everything is crystallized, I would rather have it -30*f than 90 *f above.  Colorado is sucking my will to live.  

The colder it gets the better the snow mobiles run !!

• Like 2

I HATE the cold, but then I'm used to 105° - 110° heat. I love coming home from a long hot day at work, backing down the boat ramp, cranking up the radio, jumping in the river, and popping a top.

All of these were taken just a few minutes ago. 

Looking out of the north west facing window.

rps20151207_150245.thumb.jpg.7d197b92562

Behind the house 

rps20151207_150309.thumb.jpg.a04f5661ae6

Looking up river from the boat ramp

rps20151207_150459.thumb.jpg.98cee686a81

Boat ramp

rps20151207_150406.thumb.jpg.a4714b0ce03

It's hard to see but the shadow up on the hill in the right of the picture is my 420 sq foot house. Believe it or not it had water in it back in 2003 during a 52' rise.

rps20151207_151653.thumb.jpg.7d9f101c510

• Like 2

Never have liked the cold weather that much, I dont mind it near freezing in the am as long as it warms up before lunch. It seems the older I get the less I like it cold. So when I make it to retirement the cold days will be in the warm shop making something.