• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

injectors cleaning

+50HP are mild enough that you can play with the Edge Comp wide open. You can even tow on 5x3 without much issues.

I run 100 horsepower micro-blind hole injectors but I do drive with the tuner in the stock(factory power) position for 95% of my driving. If you go bigger on injectors, use the added power from the injectors rather than the tuner. Your driving habits will determine your needs. 

• Owner

I run 100 horsepower micro-blind hole injectors but I do drive with the tuner in the stock(factory power) position for 95% of my driving. If you go bigger on injectors, use the added power from the injectors rather than the tuner. Your driving habits will determine your needs. 

But if you reverse it and go mild on the injectors then you can take advantage of the tuner software (fuel and timing maps) and make better gains efficiency wise. Running larger injectors will get you the power granted but being on the lowest setting of the box you won't gain the timing and fuel maps. Man this is when I wish I could program like AH64ID with Smarty.

But if you reverse it and go mild on the injectors then you can take advantage of the tuner software (fuel and timing maps) and make better gains efficiency wise. Running larger injectors will get you the power granted but being on the lowest setting of the box you won't gain the timing and fuel maps. Man this is when I wish I could program like AH64ID with Smarty.

When I had 7x.009 VCO injectors I had less initial throttle response and EGT was a bit more manageable, although they were carbon coked(severely) within 4 years of operation. That set of injectors really shined with electronic tuning but my MPG dropped off significantly. My SAC injectors have improved where the VCO injectors left off. Although if I could change anything it would be choke the turbine housing down to a divided and wastegated 12cm and re-balance my injectors down to 1.5%-2%. 

Edited by Vais01
  • Like 1

When I replaced my head gasket a couple months ago I pulled my injectors apart (one at a time!) and dropped them into the ultrasonic cleaner, fill of Purple Power at 150 degrees. Ran them for about 20 minutes, and they came out beautifully.

injector.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I have. I actually kind of regret purchasing it, if I had it to do again I'd spend the extra money and get this one that a heavy diesel mechanic friend of mine recommended:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasonic-Solution-Commercial-Eyeglasses-Cleaning/dp/B010LW0LO6/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1443677356&sr=8-15&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

I buy from both harbor freight and northern tool with good success. I cant justify snap on prices for how I use them. I bought a 9" pole saw from harbor freight and took down a 60' maple tree with it. All but the last 18' feet of it anyway and it still works fine. Even that surprised me.

• Like 1

I buy from both harbor freight and northern tool with good success. I cant justify snap on prices for how I use them. I bought a 9" pole saw from harbor freight and took down a 60' maple tree with it. All but the last 18' feet of it anyway and it still works fine. Even that surprised me.

That is amazing. I bought a trans jack from them, not the cheap $40 one. Went to install the new trans notice the c-clip missing on the side of the lift arm. First thought DANGER, DANGER. Then get the trans into place and the stupid thing wont hold pressure with the bleed screw tightened all the way. I took it back after finishing my task.

Edited by gh0stman

Just another example of quality Chinese manufacturing. I was pulling on a brand new HF wrench when the box end actually sheared off due to bad casting. Of course when it broke I caught my wrist on the razor sharp edge of a poorly placed hose clamp. Other mechanic came back from lunch to blood everywhere and a bunch of wrenches in the garbage can

That is amazing. I bought a trans jack from them, not the cheap $40 one. Went to install the new trans notice the c-clip missing on the side of the lift arm. First thought DANGER, DANGER. Then get the trans into place and the stupid thing wont hold pressure with the bleed screw tightened all the way. I took it back after finishing my task.

I have one of their tranny jacks. The $140 one I think. Found it on Crags list for half price. Think he used once from the looks of it. I have used it once my self. One of the tilt adjustments just did not like that nv5600 sitting on it and was difficult to turn. But i have to say my expectations are not always high on stuff like this. it is cheap and you tend to get what you pay for. The leaky cylinder would not have made me happy. Anyway I hope mine holds a little longer, got to put a new clutch in mine real soon.

Just another example of quality Chinese manufacturing. I was pulling on a brand new HF wrench when the box end actually sheared off due to bad casting. Of course when it broke I caught my wrist on the razor sharp edge of a poorly placed hose clamp. Other mechanic came back from lunch to blood everywhere and a bunch of wrenches in the garbage can