• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP Swap

Can I swap a HO vp with my SO vp for testing purposes or is it going to make mine run goofy with the HO in it?

Ok from experience, I would use a SO pump. The HO VP44 has smaller plungers and a different program for timing. The HO pumps also do not flow as much fuel as an SO VP44. When using electronic tuners the SO pump will better accept higher fuel durations and large timing windows compared to a HO VP44.

I personally still run an HO VP44 and and the idle timing is on the edge your truck may or may not idle properly with an HO VP44. According to several builders I spoke with in the past they usually install a SO VP44 in place of an HO VP44 that is commonly used on manual transmission trucks.

I was just swapping for testing purposes guys. I've still got my SO in.

SO VP44 will be more responsive to tuning. I'm in that boat every day it's an on going test. I have heard that not all trucks can run an HO VP44 something to do with the timing.