• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

If I drove the truck more then I do and actually used the switch, I'd say that's definitely a possibility, but I don't so I don't think that's the issue.

Also, I was thinking, I recently sold a hypertech tuner since I wasn't using it and before I sold it I plugged it into this truck to verify that it was unlocked. I'm wondering if that uploaded some crappy old ECM load and took off my high idle goodness :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's screen shots from different types switch positions

Truck had been running already for a littless

Here's it in what I thought was OFF

Screenshot_20160909-191529.png

Here's it in what I thought was 6cyl

Screenshot_20160909-191545.png

Here's it in what I thought was 3cyl

Screenshot_20160909-191557.png

Here's it in what I thought was MPGS mode

Screenshot_20160909-191615.png

What do you guys think?

I have 2 of the old style "first gen" switches and both quit working.  One has a problem with IAT and the other ECT.  I tried to fix to no avail and figured I should upgrade to the new design.  My only concern is how long is the wiring.  The first two I had to solder in an additional 36 inches of wire and they worked fine until they didn't.  The overall length from where the wires come together in the engine compartment to the switch on my modified fooler was about 8ft stock was 5ft.  Thanx.

9 hours ago, notlimah said:

Yea it is. 

So your numbers look right but your placement seems off.

The switch position from left to right is 

off |  MPG | 6 cyl | 3 cyl.  

Can you put those images in order of notchs when you turn the switch clockwise?  

Once you verify image location vs switch position we will get you fixed up.  Thanks!

Ok so the images are in order from starting fully counter clockwise then each click clockwise. So I just labeled the images wrong but they are in the correct order.

I guess my follow on question then is if the numbers are right and I'm seeing an insanely long delay in my WTS light going out, something must've changed ECM side then right?

so you are trying to start the truck in the mpg mode?  first click clock wise?  If so I don't see why the ecm would be letting hte WTS run so long.  If you had it in the 3rd or 4th position it makes sense, but not the 1st or 2nd posiiton

faceplate1a.jpg

I am still confused about the last position now that I look at it.  It looks like the ect is swapped.    If you are willing ot ship it back to us we will test it and get it fixed if there is an issue.  

Yea so that sounds like what was happening. I got the switch positions backwards and thought the MPG mode was the very last turn to the right. So that explains the long WTS. If you think something might be off I can send it back to ya. I just took it out of my 99 because I was going to put it in the 02. 

It looks like the ECT for 3 cly is mixed up with 6 cyl.  I am more than happy to fix it for you.  You can run it how it is and not worry though.  If you ship it to me ASAP so I get it before Friday I will have it fixed and back to you right away.  After Friday I am gone for a few weeks so it would have to wait.

Or you can ship it to Mike and he can fix it.  Either way.

All I need is the switch itself, not the harness.

Let me know what you wanna do.  

Hey guys. I am still running one of the original switch assemblies that were sold through DAP and I am finally starting to have some issues with it. As soon as I turn it to MPG it throws a P0113 code/CEL comes on. Is there something I can do to fix this or is the switch just bad? I dont mind doing a little work to it if I know what to look for.

• Owner
22 hours ago, Ilikeoldfords said:

Hey guys. I am still running one of the original switch assemblies that were sold through DAP and I am finally starting to have some issues with it. As soon as I turn it to MPG it throws a P0113 code/CEL comes on. Is there something I can do to fix this or is the switch just bad? I dont mind doing a little work to it if I know what to look for.

Design fault. When Ed Grafton @Yankneck696 created those everything was soldered to the legs of the switch in return placed all the cable weight on the legs as well causing the switch contacts to pull out of the base causing P codes to start showing up. The problem is you would have unsolder everything replace the switch then resolder everything back on and end up back here again when it fails. 

This why the whole design was changed over to circuit board design this reduced the strain on the switch and made it serviceable. If the switch fails at this point it's easy to unsolder the damaged switch and solder in a new switch. 

download.jpg.662e528d0f88a4711cc145ee05d

I'd really like to have one of these switches but after talking to the local dodge dealer about enabling the high idle, at first they didn't know what I was talking about, then after looking up the tsb, informed me it was only for auto transmissions. They did tell me they could check my vin # to see if it was even possible on a manual. There are a lot of 24 valve trucks around here and it seems strange this dealership has never heard of enabling the high idle. I've been hesitant to return. Thanks for the opportunity to vent.