• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

manometer blowby test

Oh wasnt even sure what you guys were talking about. Then I saw the pic change.

Yeah - thats a FB photo so I think it must have happened from logging in from my IPAD ..... normally I login from my phone or laptop. Ha.

Got a 90 adapter - built it from a straight/90 degree brass/coupler ....... hope it holds 400psi

Off to walk dogs and eat .... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JOHNFAK said:

Oh wasnt even sure what you guys were talking about. Then I saw the pic change.

Yeah - thats a FB photo so I think it must have happened from logging in from my IPAD ..... normally I login from my phone or laptop. Ha.

Got a 90 adapter - built it from a straight/90 degree brass/coupler ....... hope it holds 400psi

Off to walk dogs and eat .... 

Oh the suspense.... you're not a very nice guy :shifty: 

Just because you guys are so impatient.

355-375 on back 5+6.

Hard to be exact due to guage increment as well as it look like I lost 20psi with the coupler - went back and retested on different hole.

1- 375

2-375
    3-375
    4-375/385
    5-355/375
   6- 355/375

so given cold engine ...... seems ok ..........
Think Im going to pull rockers tomorrow and look for bent pushrods.

Edited by JOHNFAK
  • Like 1

Questions.

anything else to check apart from pushrods and valve lash when I put the rockers back.

also ...once it's all back together..... And after a run ..... Can I do a hot compression test on just 1 cylinder. Basically leave 2-6 all hooked up .... Disable FSS and lift pump. Disconnect #1 lines and pull injector and run compression on that cylinder only.

Can't think of anything else. Back in contact with PO and he says the truck has always been quite nasty/aggressive with that pump ...... Was 1000 hp at one stage.

oringed head and block after fire ring gave up the ghost

arp 625 

low mile engine ...... Waiting more specific details here ........

Correct.

Initially head was fireringed ........ didn't hold for whatever reason.

So a new head was put on and both the head and block were o-ringed.

Still trying to get a little more info on the engine .........but I retested #5 this morning and it was also at 375  (think it was actually the batteries/crank not the adapter.....)

So basically 375 across the board ...... cold engine.

Alright.

So putting back together - decided to check valve lash.

Being a 24 p7100 ..... no timing marks for TDC. So was using ryan (isx) overlap method. Seems straight forward enough. Only problem is -- settting #1 lash for example

#6 exhuast is fully come up - so closed.
#6 intake just starts to transition ..... moving down

So #1 should be able to adjust both valves.

Yet Exhaust has no slack - fully enagged. Intake is very loose ... over 0.030
Somehtngs not right - your meant to be able to relas both intake and exhaust.

Make sure the exhaust is on the valve overlap where both valves are open.  If #1 still isn't right, then adjust it correctly, and then turn everything over by hand a couple times to makes sure it's all working correctly.