• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Extra Front Driving lights

Hey guys. I am finally getting around to finishing up installing a couple extra sets of driving lights. I have some 50w spot beams that I wired to their own switch and they work great. I am trying to finish up the 100w spot beams now. I have them all wired with a relay system, I just need a power source to trigger the relay. The problem is I would really like them to just come on with the high beams.

After taking a step back and checking out some wiring diagrams, I realized that the whole headlight system is based on a ground switching circuit. This wont really work with my wiring set up I have at the moment.

Is there anywhere in the system that I could find a good power source for a trigger? Or am I better off just wiring in a stand alone toggle switch for the lights and dealing with turning them on and off separately from the headlight system?

But that would give me 0v on high correct? I need the opposite. Because I set my lights up over an extended amount of time, I just set up two completely separate circuits for the driving and fog lights. All I need is a 12v signal to turn on the fog lights with the high beams.