• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Super B Update

41 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

At least I'm not doing it off of mommy and daddy's money like many of the "kids" in my area :shifty: 

That's how it is here. There are HS kids driving Ford Raptors and new Ford and Dodge 3/4 ton trucks rolling on 40's. All because mommy and daddy lucked out and had a gas well drilled on their property. It wouldn't bother me except that they act like complete dickheads. 

• Like 1

I would go with a smarty as well. They provide good smooth power. Here's a graph I have where the smarty is the lower curve for torque and HP. If the dyno was loaded the power would have come in sooner, like it does on the street. So if you imagine the curve being shifted back that's how it should really look.

Dyno-Both_zpshdyysyqx.jpg

6 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

I didn't see you had an edge...

Personally I wouldn't stack them. I know others will disagree, but I think the stack sucks. For me it was very hot and smokey.

I agree actually.  I thought the comp alone or smarty alone was better than the stack.  However, like TFaoro, I didn't see the edge comp either. 

Edited by CSM

Hmmmm. Thanks guys. In my never ending lust for power and economy and modifying the Dodge, I wouldn't do anything till next year, just debating what to do. I really like the features of the Quad and the extra power and more aggressive fueling. And now with the super b, I'm debating a different programmer or some larger SAC injectors for fun. My current 7x.09 VCO (100hp) are clean and powerful, but I'm tempted to try 125 or 150 SACs and see how the current setup reacts in regards to temps, power, economy and smoke. I'm the first one in my family to mess with vehicles and I love learning all about them and how with proper modifications, they become awesome and fun to drive!

11 hours ago, TFaoro said:

Not sure what your elevation is but with a 62 and 125's I could wrap my 1600* gauge over into the 1700 range.

I am in the same boat as TFaoro.  I have the 62 with 125s, and it can get hot with the TST or comp.  I won't go bigger without twins.