• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fixing oxidized headlights for cheap...

Mopar1973Man

• Staff

I cleaned mine with Meguiar's®  Plastx™ clear plastic cleaner and polish last April. I used a drill with a foam pad to clean and polish but did not spray them with any sealer. A customer had his done professionally and sprayed with lacquer. 6mo later they were yellow and the lacquer made it worse.                        DSCN9683.thumb.JPG.26ff5b6e29c189906356dDSCN9687.thumb.JPG.9c05c2e30a013831447b9DSCN9685.thumb.JPG.344d27273237fd1354a3bDSCN9686.thumb.JPG.f7ce8de7fc0dfaed9fcb5

Edited by IBMobile

Agreed, that this will work..  and will work longer than just buffing the lenses with a restoration kit.  But, I've done the 'clear coat' paint method years ago, and it was yellowed WITH paint-checking within a year's time.  To clean them up after that, it's much easier and time-saving to just buy new ones, as the paint will take hours to strip/sand off to get back to square one.

• Like 1