• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Random ABS light and weird braking performance

• Owner

Ok.

Here is what is going on. I've got my module back from Module Masters and installed in Saturday morning. Went for test drive still pulling and acting weird. So I waited patiently for Monday to show up. I talked to Module Masters again and the tech suggested I clean all the plugs of di-electric grease and try again. This gave me some sort of uniform problem now that I could diagnose to some degree. I was only getting right pull from about 45 MPH and down to nearly full stop. So I change out the right sensor AGAIN with one of the sensor I've got a pile of. Now the pulling stopped but the ABS/BRAKE light come on now at about 60-65 MPH without touching the brakes. OK... So I order another set of front sensors. (3rd set now). Installed them and got no change. The rear sensor was just changed less than a week ago. So I called Module Masters back and he wanted me to pull codes from the module. :doh: There is no one in the valley with a ABS code reader. I called a Dodge Dealer and they want $105 minimum to pull codes not to mention set a appointment. Kind of hard to drive to Lewiston, ID for code reading then go onto Moscow, ID. So MoarMom and myself discussed this whole thing and I've just purchased a Innova Tool that does both ABS and SRS (airbag) codes. I would have to say I got a killer price on the tool.

Innova 31603 - $571.xx

http://pro.innova.com/Product/FullDetail/f968c286-07ab-46b7-bfd5-bae40673742e

I just got it on Amazon for $193.xx :whistle: (Can't beat that price! Also there is only ONE left!)

http://www.amazon.com/Innova-31603-CarScan-Scan-Tool/dp/B00D2I0IDG

I'm going to go out on the limb and learn how to resolve these error and do the troubleshooting for ABS and SRS codes.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

Wow, that is quite the price difference.  I'm interested to see what you find with this.  What is your opinion of working with Module Masters?  I surfed through their web site, they claim they know what they are doing.  How did your ABS module look when you got it back?  Was it put back together pretty well? (aside from your problem not going away.) 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

What is your opinion of working with Module Masters?

Scale of 1 to 10 I give a solid 9 for them. I would use them as a module rebuilder. Tech support is awesome very knowledgeable people.

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

How did your ABS module look when you got it back?  Was it put back together pretty well?

All cleaned up. All screws sealed, All seams re-sealed water tight. Most of this on the bottom which isn't in the picture.

DSCF6718.thumb.JPG.339602eeea236f514c767

Here is Before it left.

DSCF6714.thumb.JPG.ddd5e7d07fa7d170f1b7bDSCF6715.thumb.JPG.fca897ec06ccd77348770

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

(aside from your problem not going away.) 

Being from the computer industry myself I understand how difficult it can be to fight with electronics and some time the most simple little over looked item can bite you. That's why I'm glad I've got the 5 year warranty with Module Masters so I know one way or another it will get resolved. Like "Phil" the tech that is working with me, was asking if I could read error codes from the ABS module to get to him so we knew if I needed to mail it back or not. I just about opted to just mail it back. Then MoparMom and I discussed the fact of there is no one in the area with the ability to diagnose ABS issues. Why not corner the market and add it to my business. OK! So the repair with be delayed and I'll get a good ABS code reader. Now then I'll be able to read the codes from any ABS module. Again I plan on adding this to my biusiness here so I will continue to use Module Master as a rebuild of all different kinds of modules from here on out!

• Like 1

I think that sounds like  solid plan.  For the price that you posted from Amazon it looks like you got a still.  Especially with you line of work, it seems like a great tool to have available.  I'm anxious to hear your review on it.

It would be nice to have tools like this available to rent from this site.  However, that would create the potential for lots of other problems.

• Owner

:cry: Crap!

I just got the Scan Tool to find out there is nothing that can Scan Dodge Ram 98.5 to 2002 ABS codes other than DRBIII tool. I got the Scan Tool and put the batteries into it. Walked out to the shop plugged in. No DTC codes. Nothing new. Selected Enhanced Codes. Selected Chrysler. Then selected ABS. Not Supported! What!? So I called Innova to find out what the deal is. On Dodge Rams if it was a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 yes its supported. But for mine on the 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 is not supported. (Sigh). So I'm back to pulling it off and sending back the module to Module Masters. DSCF6732.thumb.JPG.0b351fc8e3c6654aa010b

I just looked up the application chart and it is quite random.  Good for 96-97 and then for 2003-2009, (skip 2010) but good for 2011 and 2012.  Guess you should have read the fine print.  Sorry to see you spend money on something like that.

• Staff

The SRS function comes in handy with newer cars with a can network. Like on Volvos if you disconnect certain modules with out the battery disconnected it will disable the SRS system and turn the light on. The only way to reset it is with a tool like yours 

Edited by IBMobile