• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally install my NEW Mopar1973Man High Idle Kit

• Owner

Finally... I yanked out the old 1st Generation switch set... Man talk about a historic part. This is where the entire high idle started from. I'll most likely hold on to this forever. Neat to look back on history and see where we came from to where we are going.

DSCF6709.thumb.JPG.be1e276ad63920480adfc

1. ECT Fooler (up fooled - down normal)
  2. IAT Fooler (up fooled - down normal)
  3. MPG (up) / High Idle (down)
  4. 3/6 Cylinder mode (3 cylinder up and 6 cylinder down)

DSCF6710.thumb.JPG.deef4c3be21abf745992fDSCF6711.thumb.JPG.715f87ac4b0d0de77e45e

Now install the new Mopar1973Man High Idle Kit... I will admit so much nicer to have that plug at the switch. One wire basically to stuff through the firewall and easy to do. Takes a few minutes to install. It actually took me more time to pull the old switch out. So much nicer to have 1 knob only 4 positions.

DSCF6712.thumb.JPG.b938a9b2ae2c7e71491a6DSCF6713.thumb.JPG.76c9ebf88a6f1af6f0c05

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner
1 hour ago, joecool911 said:

Kinda like an old Atari computer. Nice!

Don't go there. I've still got my old Atari 800 in the shop packed away. Yes, I even kept that old beast and all my 5.25 floppies for it too. I like dragging that beast out once in awhile and play old old Atari Games.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Back in the day, I worked in a pizza parlor. We had the Atari club meeting once a month there in the banquet room. Bunch of Sheldon Cooper types. Pocket protectors, slide rulers, etc.. Texas Instruments had one of the best early calculators too. Good to know Michaels roots. Lol. The Techtronics guys were more fun. Come off swing shift and drink mass quantities of beer. Had a lot of boat people working there too. They'd say "beeah". You could ask them...blue cheese? They'd nod yes. Lol. Very limited communication skills. Didn't have to worry too much about DUII back then.

Can remember cars weaving all over the road on a regular basis. Defensive driving meant something back then. You could tell the drinkers on my paper route too. Ruts along driveway and smashed up garage doors. Good old days! 

Edited by joecool911
Nostalgic additions
  • Like 1