• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm stuck at work .... TV cable clip broke

Allright guys.  Just as I was getting happy with my truck and trans...  I decided to fine tune the TV cable.  The last time I messed with the cable I got better results than trans shops.  

At home I wanted to adjust the tv cable and broke off the clip .. also managed to lose the clip no were to be found.  I jerry rigged the cable to get to work. Shifted a little ugly but I expected this.    Then my check gauges came on and my voltage dropped to 10 volts.   Then down to 0.  Made it work fine..  Checked the codes :

P1682, 0622, 0743, 1765

ECU P1693

I know they are tranny codes but I need to know if I fried anything.  Can i disconnect batteries clear codes, install new clip reset apps and go??  .  I have some time before I go home.  Thnx for ur help...  

Ok, first off, low voltage will cause a lot of problems in the truck that go away with full voltage.  

I would check out your battery connections and batteries with a meter.  Cables should be tight and clean.  

Be very careful driving with an out of whack TV cable.  Your line pressure is modulated via the cable and that is what keeps the pressure on the bands.  Low pressure = potential for slip.  Very very soft driving is the preferred technique.  If absolutely necessary to drive, I would put the cable about mid way to 2/3rds of the way to wide open throttle or put it where it is supposed to be and tape the heck out of the cable.  You may be able to tape the cable on the trans side of where that clip goes depending on how clean it is.  Having too much pressure at low speeds can be problematic as well, and will move your shift points up if it shifts at all.  

Pulling cables won't reset codes.  You will need a code reader for that.  If you can't find a bad ground or bad connection somewhere on something you touched when you pulled the trans, I suspect something is up with the batteries.  

• Like 1

thnx CSM...

Batteries are brand new, cables just recently PMed..  transmission wasn't messed with at all..  I'm wondering if the voltage stopped charging is part of a limp mode or something to do with out of whack trans shifting.  Also need to know where I can get a new clip for TV  ..ASAP

Also... when I shut truck off I turned ignition back (engine off) on and volts were back up to 11 ... started the motor and volts stayed at 11, not charging at 14 like normal.

Edited by freedomisntfree

1 hour ago, CSM said:

Jump any cars?  You need to check your ac volts.  If you killed a fuse, I'm concerned about your alternator rectifier.

no havent jumped any cars...   i made it home ok, I stopped by oreilys and picked up a 140 amp fuse.  threw it on and it seems like it shorted as soon as i installed it.  made it home on just battery power.  tommorow im going to buy another fuse, but before i sacrifice another fuse is there anything i can disconnect before installing it, like maybe the alternator ? like you said maybe the rectifier.  alternator is rebuilt by a local shop i wont rule out a bad alternator just yet.  

Edited by freedomisntfree