• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission Oil Cooler Line Replacement

So I definetly need to replace the lines that run from the hard lines in the engine bay to the cooler up front on the radiator. Right now they are old rubber lines. But I want to use steel braided hose and some nice fittings. The guy at the trans shop recommended 8am fittings. My question is are their fittings on the hard lines that are in the engine bay by the crank case vent or are they just like barbed on the end? That's the only thing I can't figure out. 

Thanks guys

The side of the transmission doesn't use regular 1/4" NPT (national pipe tapered) threads, it's actually NPS (national pipe straight) threads.

This is the adapter you need for the transmission http://m.summitracing.com/parts/fra-481670-bl

Then just pick your choice of barbed AN fitting.

The cooler has barbed fittings, the hoses are held on with hose clamps. The heat exchanger fittings are No. 8 male JIC. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Botlebruiser said:

So I definetly need to replace the lines that run from the hard lines in the engine bay to the cooler up front on the radiator. Right now they are old rubber lines. But I want to use steel braided hose and some nice fittings. The guy at the trans shop recommended 8am fittings. My question is are their fittings on the hard lines that are in the engine bay by the crank case vent or are they just like barbed on the end? That's the only thing I can't figure out. 

Thanks guys

Sounds to me like you only want to replace the rubber hose. On my 98 there was a quick coupler on the end of the steel line but the rubber hose was clamped on the other end. I just slid hose over the end of the steel and clamped it. No more leaks.