• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HELP!! bad alternator or APPS??

My alternator is working fine but i still get the apps code. Is your truck parked on an incline nose up by any chance? 

I dont know if the 602 is caused by the smarty. I have no experience with one. I hope that is the case because reading up on it in the articles section it could mean a fried ECM.http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes-cummins/203-p0602-ecm-fueling-calibration

Autozone lol bought a new one anyway put in it no luck.  Then i noticed my security blinker was on............... locked my doors unlocked them and boom good as new lol the new alternator did fix my converter issues.  So i wanna tell you guys thank you very much for all your help i greatly appreciated it. 

• Owner
2 hours ago, ruedger455 said:

They tested the alternator and said it was good so is it my ecm?

So what was the AC ripple voltage during the test?

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

who tested the alternator?

I would like to know too.

ECM doesn't create lock and unlock issues. PCM is in control of that. Still in all I would test drive the truck with the alternator unhooked and see what you get. Most likely you'll find your lock and unlock issues gone. Which now points back to failed alternator that just tested good on a test bench.

Which I just said above that my alternator was physically damaged and had high AC noise issues and it PASSED.

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/topic/10827-help-bad-alternator-or-apps/?do=findComment&comment=124028

Yea he said yea it passed and i was like damn!! Then i said ill get thenew one anyway.  And im glad i did.  It was an ac delco 136amp those worth a damn? Or am i gonna be changing it again in a month?

Moparman the new alternator i got fixed everything.  No ecm issues and im happy lol

The one in my truck came from Auto Zone. It is a 136 amp also not sure whether it is AC Delco or not. It lasted about 5 years until one of the bearings started screaming. Bought it in Oklahoma and got it replaced in Georgia no questions asked. Kind of hard to say who rebuilt it and who stuck there name on it though. Tested it myself for AC voltage and it is fine for now.

Well i hate to say it but my locking and unlocking is back.  I think its safe to say my apps is bad.  I reset it when i swapped alternators and i thought the new alternator fixed it but it came back.  What the best bang for your buck APPS sensor for a 01 24v cummins?

• Owner

Unhook the alternator take another test drive.

APPS sensors don't create lock & unlock issues. To verify the APPS sensor hook up a live data tool and watch the TPS signal. If it not changing during the lock & unlock issues then back to the alternator unhook it. If the problem goes away the alternator failed.

• Like 1