• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time to Protect Ourselves

Mopar1973Man

I totally agree.   Wife and I have the concealed carry permit.  It is a real pain sometimes, but I'd rather have it than not.  

For a varmint rifle, 2 or 4 legged... it's hard to beat the form or function of an AR-15.  Plus, they've never been cheaper.   I've seen m4 style AR builds for a little over $500.

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I carry a fullsize 45 so that is a little hard to be comfy with lol.

As for octagon barrel...

DSC08015.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

Nice rifle!  I just bought 10 lb of black powder for my 45-70 trapdoor.  We should do a cowboy shoot. I am (hopefully ) a member of the Ben Lomond gun club.   They have a great cowboy gong range out to 400+.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Kind like my 9mm just a bit too big for conceal carry comfort.

DSCF6730.thumb.JPG.093b60c55fec53d829212

that's just a little guy haha, at least compared to the 4.5" barrel of my EAA Witness.   I love how it shoots, but it is big enough to throw at someone after you run through your 12 rounds.

• Owner
Just now, Me78569 said:

that's just a little guy haha, at least compared to the 4.5" barrel of my EAA Witness.   I love how it shoots, but it is big enough to throw at someone after you run through your 12 rounds.

Might be but I just don't have enough loose clothing to hide than thing. Not comfortably. I'm not going to wear big sweater and large jackets all the time. I'm usually in jeans and tee-shirt. So it really hard to conceal carry without imprinting or making it uncomfortable.

I %100 agree with you.   I typically wear a white shirt and jeans.  I wear a carhart from nov-march when it is somewhat cold, but honestly I hated having to wear a big enough jacket to cover the gun to obey the CCW laws.

I am watching some recent stuff from Ben Carson and I am hoping and pray that he is nominated.    He is so level headed and solid in his belief,  Sadly, people don't listen.

• Like 2

Rand still has the best overall disposition in my mind. Ben has it down on domestic issues but his stance on world issues he is just another hack that wants to continue all the ongoing wars with the world, he would fall into bed with the neocon war mongers the second he was sworn in I am afraid from all that I have heard from him in debates and speeches.

• Like 1

• Owner

Problem I have is most all politicians are crooks. They can all sell you a big bag of BS and even provide the bag for you take it home. They all sound great till they get into office then turn there back on the American public and do what makes them feel good. Look at Obama, Clinton, Bush, etc. Heck I keep seeing how Obama needs to take a few million dollar vacations because his job is rough. :rolleyes: Heck he's not even doing his job.

Now if we had a independent that could stand on his own two feet and not bow down to the New World Order group I would take notice.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

What choice do we have? We have to choose the lesser of evils...at least this go around the GOP candidates are publicly displaying conservative values. Like you said, whether or not they keep their word. The only thing an independent will do is draw conservative votes and elect a liberal. The Fed is too big for anyone to break the mold. Our country would have to go through a revolution before a truly worthy candidate made it to office. We are so built on government programs that this country will never fully change without something drastic

• Like 2

• Staff
11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I carry a fullsize 45 so that is a little hard to be comfy with lol.

As for octagon barrel...

DSC08015.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

Somethings wrong when I get so easily excited about a Henry.  Beautiful.... Your lucky to have that.

Mine is the 22 mag Golden Boy.

• Like 1

• Owner

Personally myself I would put that beautiful weapon away in a gun safe. Then go buy a good ol' farm rifle or something with a few miles on it. That way if you lose the battle the victor doesn't walk away with your beautiful weapon. Something like that above I would make sure my family could pass along.

Like my ol' Fire Star 9mm it so cheap of a pistol I don't think anyone would want to even steal the darn thing.

• Staff

Good wisdom  there. Me Personally, I'm going to use the 22 for practice/ enjoyment. The second you pick up a Henry there is just something about it.

CSM, love to have a cowboy shoot match.

Edited by JAG1