• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time to Protect Ourselves

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

:iagree:

Absolutely. They keep poking at the idea of coming to get guns. I would have that Henry locked up in a safe out of sight. Personally I hope people stand up for their rights and never give up their weapons or theirs lives. I will say its time to make a stand for our rights and take back some of them from the Gov't.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:iagree:

Absolutely. They keep poking at the idea of coming to get guns. I would have that Henry locked up in a safe out of sight. Personally I hope people stand up for their rights and never give up their weapons or theirs lives. I will say its time to make a stand for our rights and take back some of them from the Gov't.

I agree Mike the next step is going to be to try to get the bleeding heart liberals to pas laws to come and get our guns. Most of mine are old enough to not be registered. , but I guess I shouldn' t broadcast that.

31 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

My guns were all stolen a few years ago :shifty:  

I will absolutely pass the Winchester down, but in the meantime I am going to use it :)

I have had a lot of tragic boating accidents. All are gone. :(

40 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Good wisdom  there. Me Personally, I'm going to use the 22 for practice/ enjoyment. The second you pick up a Henry there is just something about it.

CSM, love to have a cowboy shoot match.

I would love to as well.  I have been casting bullets for my 45-70... and plan on doing some shooting with it over Christmas! I love guns with history!  I bet you would love Elmer Keith.  His autobiography is one of my favorite reads. 

Springfield Trapdoors, old lever guns, all the way up to the modern day with Garands, Krags, 1903 Springfields, M-16A1s, etc.  

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Personally myself I would put that beautiful weapon away in a gun safe. Then go buy a good ol' farm rifle or something with a few miles on it. That way if you lose the battle the victor doesn't walk away with your beautiful weapon. Something like that above I would make sure my family could pass along.

Like my ol' Fire Star 9mm it so cheap of a pistol I don't think anyone would want to even steal the darn thing.

I don't like planning on losing! :lol:  I think an AR or more likely a Swiss K-91 or mosin-nagant would suit your needs pretty well.  Although an old Winchester model 94 in 30-30 wouldn't be bad either and would match the hat.  

Edited by CSM
  • Like 4

• Staff

CSM, I like Audie Murphy's biography, he could shoot from the hip, without taking time to aim and hit a running rabbit.

Will look into getting a copy of Elmer Keith........ Did you say you are near Ben Lomen (sp.)? I wore out a motorcycle runnin' all over that area back in the 60's

Me, thank you for posting that video on Carson. I've been deliberately staying away from news and the Ruckus. I like Ron Paul but he's not in the race this Time, so I thought his soon would bee just as good. Not to mention he's independent.

I'm weary of the hegalian dialectic going on in the inner circle of our structure called government.

If rand Paul isn't my option during election, Carson has my favour all the way. I definitely respect him more from that video.

• 3 weeks later...

While on the topic of protecting ones self and I hope this is not too far off topic but anyone who owns and Eotech Hologrphic Weapons Sight (HWS) needs to be WELL aware of this ESPECIALLY if you use or may use your Eotech HWS to protect your or others lives. 

http://forum.tractorfarmandfamily.com/topic/3531-maker-of-eotech-sights-pays-256-million-to-settle-fraud-lawsuit/

Yet another clear example of government and corporate corruption.  I will have to give credit to L3 Communications (the parent company of Eotech) they are offering full refunds plus $15 shipping.  I have my RMA authorization but have not made up my mind yet.  I really like my Eotech.  In the mean time you may want to buy a backup weapons sight system to keep in the safe in the event these Eotech HWS take a dump.  I bought a BURRIS 1-4x24mm SKULL-TAC 30mm BALLISTIC CQ RETICLE from Graf and Son.  It was on sale for a smokin' hot price.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/26327

I am not so sure I want an Aimpoint Pro.  I am still looking of another sight for a longer range AR, the Aimpoint is not suitable for that. 

Edited by LiveOak

28 minutes ago, LiveOak said:

While on the topic of protecting ones self and I hope this is not too far off topic but anyone who owns and Eotech Hologrphic Weapons Sight (HWS) needs to be WELL aware of this ESPECIALLY if you use or may use your Eotech HWS to protect your or others lives. 

http://forum.tractorfarmandfamily.com/topic/3531-maker-of-eotech-sights-pays-256-million-to-settle-fraud-lawsuit/

Yet another clear example of government and corporate corruption.  I will have to give credit to L3 Communications (the parent company of Eotech) they are offering full refunds plus $15 shipping.  I have my RMA authorization but have not made up my mind yet.  I really like my Eotech.  In the mean time you may want to buy a backup weapons sight system to keep in the safe in the event these Eotech HWS take a dump.  I bought a BURRIS 1-4x24mm SKULL-TAC 30mm BALLISTIC CQ RETICLE from Graf and Son.  It was on sale for a smokin' hot price.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/26327

I am not so sure I want an Aimpoint Pro.  I am still looking of another sight for a longer range AR, the Aimpoint is not suitable for that. 

I like my Aimpont CompM3 a lot and it is pretty much indestructible.  

They are expensive, but the best value scopes out there that I would totally trust are the Vortex brand glass.  I like their illuminated reticles, ffp, and zero stop system available on some models.  Millet is another option that isn't bad at all and MUCH cheaper.  Millet has an illuminated reticle and my dad has had two on some rifles for a while... However, they are chinese scopes and some may not be as good as others.  For a long range scope, I would get it mounted, zeroed, and then at different magnification levels, test the accuracy of the turrets.  

I would keep the point of aim on the center of the target and click up and over x mils, shoot, down and right, shoot, etc.  and then recheck that it returned to zero after shooting the square.