• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snow Plow?

Recently found out that I have the PTO DHD transfer case in my truck, someone told me that somehow correlates to a snow plow package from the factory?.... I have zero knowledge of how a snow plow would function on my truck. I have seen tons of plows on Craigslist...but no mention of what make/model truck they go on, which leads me to believe that they are universal. This seems rather wrong to me, lol.... SO, what does one need to do in order to set up their truck to use as a snow plow? Thanks in advance for replies and insight. 

Only thing one should do if mounting a snow plow is add a steering brace and heavier springs. The DHD t-case just means the t-case has a bigger diameter shaft versus the DLD version nothing to do with it being a snow plow package.

The plows do not care what rig they mount on but the frame mounting kit is the difference.

• Like 1

Yeah, you don't need a PTO to run a plow. Besides, a PTO pump off of the transfer case would only make hydraulic pressure when the truck was moving. Probably not ideal for snow plowing... If you had an application where you needed constant hydraulic pressure with the truck stationary, then I would think that a transfer case mounted PTO would be ideal.