• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello & Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

NightHawk

Hello Everyone !

I have used the numerous helpful articles and thread discussions from the site, and finally decided to sign up (mostly on CompD). I purchased my truck from the original owner back in 2012 as for a DD/Camping vehicle but its been retired from DD duty since 2013.  The attached photo is my rig setup for my yearly camping trip and hope you enjoy.

IMG_Truck & Camper.JPG

Edited by NightHawk
  • Like 2

Thank you for the warm welcome !

We (my dad & I) are unsure of the camper year as my grandfather bought it used in the late 60's. The camper is made by Kamp King Kampers (all spelled with a “K”). My grandparents took my dad & uncle camping in the camper when they were young and parked it in the barn on their property in the late 70's.

I was the first person to use the camper since the late 70's when I took it on our first trip in 2012. My Dad & I have taken it on a yearly camping trip since 2012 and its always a blast. The amenities are few (no refrigerator, heater, bathroom) but it does have a good working stove/oven combo along with a small icebox. The attached photo is the interior and we are trying to figure out ways to “protect” the original finishes while using the camper as designed.

The major draw-back of the camper is the air resistance when going down the road. When going 45-50 its hardly noticeable but as your approach 55-60 it feels like I am dragging a house behind me. I have been told the newer ones are much better,, but you just can't get the charm of the old design.

IMG_3055.JPG

• Like 2