• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Horse Talk

Wild and Free

Figured we could get some conversations going about some of our other forms of transportation.

Here are some pics of my wifes crew some of which she shares ownership with her mother like the Donkeys and Mini horses and goat.

I will type out the story of her horse when I feel like typing for a while, very long story of how this horse is still alive and thriving today, my wifes passion for life and horses helped pull this mare through massive injuries that would have killed or caused the euthanasia of most animals.

No animal in the pics cost more than 10 bucks from the sales barn and other than the horse and routine hoof trimmings have been low to no cost animals.

Her mare was purchased as a small colt for 4 dollars and the Jenny was brought home after purchase and a couple weeks later came Donkey #2 via birth lol, nobody knew she was pregnant. The goat and the mini horses are worthless grass munchers.

The pictures are thanks to my brother in law who is a semi pro photographer, or in other words has a hobby that occasionally gets him paid gigs lol.

The Jenny her name is "Jenny" the lite colored one is my best bud of the crew, she is super friendly and she loves on me like no other, her son "Cracker" is a spoiled rotten kid with an attitude. My wife's horse Sady loves on me too for some reason. She is a nice smart horse but has always been attracted to me for some reason, my wife just shakers her head and says its a girl thing I wouldn't understand  lol.

516A8385.jpg

516A8402.jpg

516A8352.jpg

516A8391.jpg

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 4

Haha I am loving yours.

Mac is my 16.2 hand jackhole, his birth name was "flame on easy" easyjet blood breeding.  Too smart for his own good.  Can Open Gates (have to use a clasp now) And Will Jump A fence.  Has 3 gears, fast walk, fast trot, and ludicrous   speed hahaha.

20130830_121652_resized_zps8ac4fc30.jpg

Got him free from my wife's aunt after my wife's horse coliced and passed.  That was a rough day.

Here's my wife's old boy, Sky.

IMG_0780_zpsb8a89688.jpg

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 4

Very long story short, my wife's horse comes from national championship cutting horse bloodline not sure the name right off, will have to ask her when she gets home from work today" Suspect she was sold due to being wrong color and or born wrong time of year by the breeders". When she found this out is when she was prodded into registering her by the trainer who green broke her. He owns the national champion stud cutting horse who is an uncle IIRC to her mare lol. Didn't know this until she showed him the bloodline papers after the training was done. The trainer knew she was special and kept hounding my wife for the info for several months and when she showed him the papers his jaw hit the floor and said I knew it. He said she was by far the easiest and smartest horse he had the pleasure of training in over 40 years of doing it. He knows and has worked with and competed against the folks who sold her, family from South Dakota.

After looking at your horse and hers its eerie how closely colored and face stripe and rear socks they are really similar in appearance.

Edited by Wild and Free

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2016 at 10:10 AM, Me78569 said:

So anyone have any suggestion on working with a barn sour horse?  

Been going up at least 2 times a week and working with him, but the barn sourness doesn't seem to be getting any better.    More time the only fix?

Time was the only way I ever treated that issue, and I never found a cure... aside from selling the horse and buying a dirt bike.